Author Topic: Both panel go back to C:\ upon FTP disconnection.  (Read 12114 times)

zorglups

• View Profile
Both panel go back to C:\ upon FTP disconnection.
« on: August 31, 2013, 23:28:52 »
I'm using the FTP plugin a lot (hence miss the CTRL-P  :'( ) and found what I think is a bug.

On the left panel, I open a connection using the FTP plugin.
On the right panel, I'm on \\any\unc\.

If I do not touch my FTP connection for a while, I get disconnected by the server.
The bug is that at that time both panels jump to C:\  :-[
The feature request is that you implement "keep connection alive" (this may be a option of the plugin but I could not find the plugin option). Please do not enable this "keep connection alive" on registered connections only (understand: as an option of the connection) because I'm most of the time connecting by pasting the ftp address in the address bar.

Best regards,

Pierre

Kreator

• View Profile
Re: Both panel go back to C:\ upon FTP disconnection.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 07:01:34 »
I'll add to this post: I have several network drives. If I open even one of them in a pane and then close-open MC, C:\ will be open instead.
Save our fragile planet!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 07:10:44 »
Not the same issue.. and in 3.5.1 the issue when disconnection from FTP other views also reverted to c:\ is fixed.

Why network drives revert to C:\ between restart is because the option "Save Only path to local harddrive" is enabled.
It is there because if a network drives is gone the startup will hang until the connection timeout..

Kreator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 08:42:02 »
Oh, that's nice, thank you. Is there any chance to check readiness of a network drive before resetting the path to c:\? Usually all drives are OK, but the server can be offline or something else can happen that will make drives disconnect.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 08:53:04 by Kreator »
Save our fragile planet!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 09:07:32 »
Oh, that's nice, thank you. Is there any chance to check readiness of a network drive before resetting the path to c:\? Usually all drives are OK, but the server can be offline or something else can happen that will make drives disconnect.
I have not found a safe way that always work.. So there is a big chance you get a hang until the network request timeouts if the server is down.