Author Topic: copy speed on 1000 mbps network  (Read 8722 times)

MegaV0lt

• View Profile
copy speed on 1000 mbps network
« on: October 19, 2013, 09:16:01 »
I copied files from my local network to my lokal disk. connection is 1 GBit. The speed is verry slow. see screenshot:

PS: Dialog-Text is horrible! (Space before :) (Shortened words even if there is Space)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:18:57 by MegaV0lt »
Die Berühmtheit mancher Zeitgenossen hängt mit der Blödheit der Bewunderer zusammen. [Heiner Geißler, dt. Politiker]

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: copy speed on 1000 mbps network
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 10:37:52 »
Strange, I get over 60MB/s my self.

Copy speed depends on so much so it is impossible to say what.. try chaning read/write strategy. It might be that the strategy that is chosen is not liked by your system and target system.
In the log you can see separate read/write speed of the file and you see if it is the read or write part that is slow.

MegaV0lt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 11:58:41 »
No, even worst. Options look good:

But Speed is even worst:
Die Berühmtheit mancher Zeitgenossen hängt mit der Blödheit der Bewunderer zusammen. [Heiner Geißler, dt. Politiker]

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 12:20:09 »
Try if some of the other works better and you can also tweak them. The option there is all the kind of windows provides for changing how reading/writing should be done.
Also check the logfile to find what is slow, if it is the read or write that is slow. (Scroll to the right side of the log entry for a "copied : ...."  line  , there is a Read data time and Write data time info.

But so much external factors does also affect read/write speed. specially over the network.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:22:37 by Mathias (Author) »