Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

Bad directory name delete error

(1/2) > >>

anon232:
I was using a "wise folder hider" to hide a folder and had to recenty format my system.
Now this s/w uses a directory name of "..." to hide the folders which are really difficult to delete.
Can someone help me??
I have attached the screenshots of the directory name and the result of delete operation.

Mathias (Author):
I do not know what wise does to name files and folder to "....", since that is not a valid file/folder name. But I guess it installs something in the computer and it hook it self into Windows and override something in windows.

You probably need to use the wise to unhide it.

anon232:

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on November 18, 2013, 09:52:06 ---I do not know what wise does to name files and folder to "....", since that is not a valid file/folder name. But I guess it installs something in the computer and it hook it self into Windows and override something in windows.

You probably need to use the wise to unhide it.

--- End quote ---
Hmm i thought so too even linux distros can't see that directory

GrantSP:
This is a quote from the FAQ on that software's help page.

--- Quote ---Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)

What should I pay attention to about my hidden data?
Please be sure you have unhidden all your hidden data before you reinstall your Windows OS, delete partition or format a disk. Also, The hidden data will be lost if your storage media has something wrong(such as File System error, Physical demage).
--- End quote ---

anon232:

--- Quote from: GrantSP on November 18, 2013, 21:55:27 ---This is a quote from the FAQ on that software's help page.

--- Quote ---Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)

What should I pay attention to about my hidden data?
Please be sure you have unhidden all your hidden data before you reinstall your Windows OS, delete partition or format a disk. Also, The hidden data will be lost if your storage media has something wrong(such as File System error, Physical demage).
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Thanks for stating the obvious but you're not helping and moreover that data is absolutely recoverable unless that partition is formatted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version