Author Topic: Double lines in panel  (Read 7725 times)

Kreator

• View Profile
Double lines in panel
« on: December 20, 2013, 18:18:24 »
Hi.
I've noticed, that sometimes when I open a directory, MC makes 2 copies of lines in view list. And I can choose all of them with cursor. Happens only to directories as I remember.
Addition: Wow, it's even worse. I only had "Scaleform" directory there, and MC listed all that. It only disappeares after refreshing, I can reopen that dir and everythin will be same until I refresh.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 18:21:22 by Kreator »
Save our fragile planet!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Double lines in panel
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 13:11:38 »
It is a Thread vs cache invalidation issue that can happen. It is just a presentation error. you do not actual have double files..
Problem is that it is not easily recreated, and therefor not easy to fix.
Just refresh and it fixes it self.

Also test the Beta some parts of the internal cache has been rewritten. It might have fixed the problem.

Kreator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 15:44:45 »
Yes, it is only a view problem, fixes easily with refresh. And it's in beta version 1598.
Save our fragile planet!

mark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 17:51:36 »
I have found this problem in the latest version (portable) of Multi Commander and can reproduce easily :

In my case browse to an admin share of a server \\server\c$ and then display the tree view - now every folder is listed twice. Hide the tree view and the folders are still listed twice. Press F5 or click fresh and the double listing is removed as you suggest. Just though this might help in bug hunting  :)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 18:11:00 »
Not able to recreate it.. I suspect that it is timing related issues.  Which can almost be impossible to fix with being able to recreate it
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 18:13:42 by Mathias (Author) »