Author Topic: Multi Rename  (Read 7936 times)

Lukasz S.

• View Profile
Multi Rename
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:46:19 »
Hi, is there possibility to add an option to Multi Rename plugin to close its window by pressing ESC button?
Polish translator
Lukasz S.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Multi Rename
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 14:02:56 »
That worked before.. But a lot people accidentally closed the windows when they did not want to close it so it was blocked.
You can close it with Alt+F4. Main app is not closing if this is pressed in that window.

Lukasz S.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 23:36:44 »
Thanks for the answer and implementig my request.
I've got additional idea to add into Multi-Rename tool:

Right now we have 4 fields in option "Search & replace" to replace 4 words (letters) in the filename in the same time. Could you maybe change this option to one field where we can describe even 20 words (letters) separate by "|" or ";" ?

I found this idea when I had to rename a lot of files with Polish letters to filenames without them.
In PL we have 9 special letters, I had to repeat this activity 5 times, 9 for lowercase and 9 for uppercase letters.

I was looking in online documentation about possibility to replace more but I didn't find.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 23:39:22 by Lukasz S. »
Polish translator
Lukasz S.

Crash+Burn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 22:26:32 »
If you prefer "ESC" and aren't adverse to some scripting, here's an AHK script that will do so. Also Ctrl+ESC as an option to close all Multi-Rename windows.

Code: [Select]
#SingleInstance, Force
#Warn
#NoEnv
SetTitleMatchMode, Regex

#ifWinActive ^Multi-Rename$ ahk_class ^ATL:00007FF812A545D0$
ESC::WinClose, % "ahk_id " . WinActive("A")
#ifWinActive

#if WinActive("^Multi-Rename$ ahk_class ^ATL:00007FF812A545D0$") || WinActive("^Multi Commander ahk_class ^Afx:00007FF715CB0000:0$")

^ESC:: ; Ctrl+ESC :: Close all instances of Multi-Rename
; If Multi-Rename, or Multi-Commander is the active Window.
while( gwID:=WinExist("^Multi-Rename$ ahk_class ^ATL:00007FF812A545D0$") )
WinClose, % "ahk_id " . gwID
return
#if

Please note, AHK has undergone some tumultuous times. I would recommend AHKScript.org for the most recent downloads, instead of the deprecated autohotkey.com which only offers an ahk version from 2007.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 22:37:25 by Crash+Burn »