Author Topic: Aliases for Opening Pairs of tabs, List View and Single Click  (Read 15642 times)

MCHAL

• View Profile
Hi,

Thanks for your dev efforts. Your program seems quite promissing and also very good as it currently is.

I have some suggestions (if not already implemented - I have looked them up over the forum, but didn't find anything about them):

- Single click for opening files and folders (ok, already implemented, but doesn't work for me here);

- Aliases (ok, also already implemented, but they don't seem to be able to open pairs of tabs, each one of them shown on a different panel, do they, just as Directory Opus and XYPlorer are able to do?;

- Simple LIST view, just like Explorer - if already implemented, I myself couldn't find the option for setting this up.

- The ability to open files stored inside zip, 7z, rar etc. archives and to have its contents shown when opened - ok, the user is able to LIST archives contents in the file/folder panel, but all he gets when double-clicking on, say, a text file stored inside them, is a blank one instead, with no contents shown at all.

- A separate disk bar for each file/folder PANE and also an independent address bar for each;

- What advantages (if any at all) are there in the registered version of the program over the free one? I could help you in a translation capacity (GUI) in exchange for a free license if there are any significant ones (PMe about this) - well, anyway I'll be willing to helping you in this regard if I eventually come to the conclusion that the effort is worth it for the sake of my country pals, that is, if I think that they'll develop an interest in using your program after I submit it some further testing and trying sessions.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Aliases for Opening Pairs of tabs, List View and Single Click
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 16:51:17 »

Hi..

Thanks for you feedback..

Single Click
- I had that working before, But it is disabled now because it had some bad side effects. I will put it back on the todo list and have another look at it.

Aliases
- I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. But I think it can be done with creating a Custom Command and then assigning at Aliases for that command. But maybe there should be a better way of doing that.

List Mode
- Right now only detail mode is supported. Thumbnail mode and short list mode are on the roadmap and is being planed.

Run From Inside Archive
- You can view/edit from inside archive if you choose Edit/View from the internal commands (F3/F4) and not double click.
But it probably should also be handed if you press return/double click on them too.. I will have a look at it.

Seperate Disk/Adress Toolbars
- The whole toolbar/tabbed toolbar thing is something that I'm not happy with and is on the roadmap to be changed. Exactly how it will be changed I don't know yet. There is some limits on what can be shown in the panels because of the plugin design.

Registered vs Free
- There is no difference. Before a trial/registered version was available and a free but time limited license was offered. But this license will expire at the end of this month. And instead of going commercial I decided to change Multi Commander and release the full version for free. There still is some references to "Registered Version" in Multi Commander because i missed to removed them. They will be removed.

That being sad. I can not promise that Multi Commander will be free forever. Only that there is no plan to change it back anytime soon.

However, everybody who helps me improve and translate will receive an personal license that will never expire. This to guarantee that Multi Commander always will work for them, Even if Multi Commander would change back to require license in the future.

- Mathias

MCHAL

• View Profile
!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 19:13:40 »
Hi, Mathias:

Thanks for caring and having the trouble of giving a detailed reply.

- As to the alias issue, please, if possible, follow this link http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5204 . I guess that by reading this topic maybe you'll understand my point. Actually, by "pairs of tabs", I meant "a tab of each of a given pair at a time" when invoked by an alias being typed into the address bar and the user hitting Enter, one tab being opened on the right pane, whereas the other being opened on the left one, simultaneously or at the same time. For example: [alias=docprog] would open the user "documents" folder on one of the panes, while also opening "program files" on the right one. This is quite handy as you can imagine once you get my meaning;

- OK, I'll try the suggested alternative way of accessing the contents of archives;

Finally, thanks for offering a free license in exchange for the translation. I appreciate this. So you may eventually hear from me about the translation being done and ready to be sent to you, although, if I decide to help you in this capacity, I cannot tell I would start out handling this right now. Also, please, feel free to contact me (by PM or email) about new developments/enhancements.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,
MCHAL
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 19:15:55 by MCHAL »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 21:03:34 »
Okey. I get it now.

Able to set the path of both the left and right panel from one command.
I see how that can be useful.

I will be there in the next release.

- Mathias

MCHAL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 15:25:12 »
Okey. I get it now.

I will be there in the NEXT RELEASE.

- Mathias

Hi, buddy.

My heartfelt thank you for your dev efforts.

I know you sure have other priorities, but next is never coming next, even after so long... Is that so difficult or troublesome to implement? This suggested feature implementation, together with Listview for folders/files, is a real must, IMHO, and also maybe for other users as well. A real pity indeed you haven't done this yet. :( As a free product, I would highly recommend your file manager to users who can't spend some bucks on shareware if it had these functionalities and perhaps contribute with some volunteer translation.

Regards.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 16:27:37 »
Okey. I get it now.

I will be there in the NEXT RELEASE.

- Mathias

Hi, buddy.

My heartfelt thank you for your dev efforts.

I know you sure have other priorities, but next is never coming next, even after so long... Is that so difficult or troublesome to implement? This suggested feature implementation, together with Listview for folders/files, is a real must, IMHO, and also maybe for other users as well. A real pity indeed you haven't done this yet. :( As a free product, I would highly recommend your file manager to users who can't spend some bucks on shareware if it had these functionalities and perhaps contribute with some volunteer translation.

Regards.

Changing both left and right panel with one command has been there since v1.1.1 (25-july-11)

Create a user defined command of "Custom Command" type
MC.Explorer.Goto LEFT="C:\" RIGHT="D:\"
And then assign it to a menu/hotkey or alias

However Listview is not easy to fix. actually it is very hard since everything right now is assuming that you only got one file item per row.
But it is high up on my list and some prototyping to test some ideas with it has started.

MCHAL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 19:29:12 »

Changing both left and right panel with one command has been there since v1.1.1 (25-july-11)

Create a user defined command of "Custom Command" type
MC.Explorer.Goto LEFT="C:\" RIGHT="D:\"
And then assign it to a menu/hotkey or alias

However Listview is not easy to fix. actually it is very hard since everything right now is assuming that you only got one file item per row.
But it is high up on my list and some prototyping to test some ideas with it has started.

Hi,

Glad to hear a bit of dev progress has been made regarding the requested features. Thanks!

However, I'll wait till Listview and single click command are implemented for starting out giving a serious try to your program and spreading the word about this great free product.

Kind regards.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 20:07:36 »
However, I'll wait till Listview and single click command are implemented for starting out giving a serious try to your program and spreading the word about this great free product.

Kind regards.

Single click is also there since v1.1.1 :)