Author Topic: Donate PayPal button  (Read 10239 times)

Crash+Burn

• View Profile
Donate PayPal button
« on: September 18, 2014, 22:48:00 »
I was going to perform thread-necromancy, on this Topic: Donate PayPal button somewhere (Read 818 times) ... but it appears it was locked, or auto-locked due to it being too old?

So I'll start another I guess.

Matthias, please put a PayPal DONATE button on your site,

Thanks.

I promise that I wont barrage you with feature requests. Nor feel entitled to any requests I might make as I'm pretty used to not getting any feature requests implemented after dealing with Total Commander for 10 years.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 22:53:37 by Crash+Burn »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Donate PayPal button
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 10:48:36 »
Yes topics auto locks after 6-7 months or something..

Donate button. yes I planed to add something like this. But been to lazy to set it up. Also I wanted to give something extra for users that donates. But not decided on that should be.

You can barrage me with feature request all you want.. But the more complex they are, the less chance of them to get added anything soon. because large features often need to be designed and planning on how they should work and how it impacts existing things. And that is very time consuming.
Minor/low impact requests I'm usually able to add quite fast..

ice-man

• The Little Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 07:54:15 »
I do not think user expect much extra perks for donating. It is donating after all. They are not purchase anything. The program is still free.

But maybe something simple like

1. Up to $10   - Get a your name on a contribution list on the web site
2. $11 -          - Get your name on website AND Get you name in the about dialog in the program.

And you can also add some bigger sponsors options.
$500 - Corporation Sponsors - Gets a clickable link in the statusbar of the program that say "Sponsored by Company Inc." (nothing more. No Ads texts.)
clicking it will take user to their webpage..
Intel i7-6700K - Running on latest Windows 10 64bit Insider Preview

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 12:13:47 »
As I have said before, I would like to see a donate button also.
Basically I feel it should be something that doesn't dramatically increase the workload, & doesn't expect 'special treatment' as we get so much already!
So I think it is about showing appreciation not gaining some advantage or bonus.

Maybe an easy way to manage this is just to give donors a forum status boost like VIP, 'Multi-Lieutenant-Commander' or something.  ;D
There need be no additional interaction or commentaries added to the program.

However if & when Mathias has something he'd like to share to 'VIP' members then he can do it. 
Maybe something like a plugin, a unique colour scheme, an MC Xmas e-card etc
He can simply PM a link to the member or have a VIP sub-forum & post things there for donors only.

As for business sponsors, I imagine companies might want a specialized/personalized product so that probably requires a separate 'Rank' & individual 'pricing'.
My 2 cents.  :)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 16:03:35 »
And you can also add some bigger sponsors options.
$500 - Corporation Sponsors - Gets a clickable link in the statusbar of the program that say "Sponsored by Company Inc." (nothing more. No Ads texts.)
clicking it will take user to their webpage..
Good idea but I do not think that will be possible since companies can not just give away money, they need a receipt or order from a company/organization. And since I do not have that I do not think it will be possible.

Maybe an easy way to manage this is just to give donors a forum status boost like VIP, 'Multi-Lieutenant-Commander' or something.  ;D
There need be no additional interaction or commentaries added to the program.

However if & when Mathias has something he'd like to share to 'VIP' members then he can do it. 
Maybe something like a plugin, a unique colour scheme, an MC Xmas e-card etc
He can simply PM a link to the member or have a VIP sub-forum & post things there for donors only.
Special Forum status and private forum might be a good idea.

Nash

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 22:59:07 »
>>"Maybe an easy way to manage this is just to give donors a forum status boost like VIP, 'Multi-Lieutenant-Commander' or something.  ;D There need be no additional interaction or commentaries added to the programm"
Optionaly show user name instead a version number "MC v4.6 [%username%]"