Author Topic: File Checksum Plugin in Unicode?  (Read 12128 times)

Isabelxxx

• View Profile
File Checksum Plugin in Unicode?
« on: February 13, 2015, 17:57:42 »
I'm having a problem when checking SFV files which contain unicode file names. The SFV files (or Md5) are created via total commander and work great there. Both creating/checking.
But when using the FC plugin in Multi Commander those files are not found and the names appear with strange characters.

Code: [Select]
01 - Petróleum lámpa.flac
02 - Gyöngyhajú lány.flac
03 - Tűzvihar.flac
04 - Udvari bolond kenyere.flac
05 - Kérgeskezű favágok.flac
06 - Tékozló fiúk.flac
07 - Tízezer lépés.flac
08 - 1958-as boogie-woogie klubban.flac
09 - Spanyolgitár legenda.flac
10 - Félbeszakadt koncert.flac

Also, if I create the SFV file within Multi Commander there are still some files not recognized

Code: [Select]
04 - Udvari bolond kenyere.flac
06 - Tékozló fiúk.flac

Is there any way to set the plugin to work with Unicode? It's a pitty this limitation since this is the only program which has a built it virtual explorer for checksum files...

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: File Checksum Plugin in Unicode?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 11:30:38 »
Because of compatibility with other programs MC only create/read ASCII .sfv/md5 , because at the time no other program none supported anything else.
Might be time to upgrade this

But ASCII should work for you text unless you move the .sfv between system with different regional settings.

Isabelxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 13:14:19 »
Nope. All these checksum operations are done in the same PC and SO. No changes in regional settings.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 13:31:42 »
It works for me with filename with none standard characters.
As long as I create the sfv with MC and verify it with MC

Isabelxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 17:11:51 »
I do it that way too, only using MC, and the results are those of the 1st post. Still 2 files unrecognized (not sure if the file names have been pasted here right though).

But those are only some examples. Have other files with same problem and with unicode support it works in TC.

My regional settings are Spanish layout for all except the system language, which is in English. Input for the keyboard is in Spanish too.

Isabelxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 00:06:53 »
Just wanted to add that I understood what you suggested.. the problem is I'm not using regional settings for those specific file names because that's not my language; those are just some files from other character set, but not the only ones.
I have no possibility to change the regional settings to match all at the same time, thus the importance of unicode.

Windows is a hell for this... still wondering why in 2015 the SO has no complete unicode support for the console for ex.