Author Topic: Deleting file using right-click menu deletes file's parent (OneDrive) FOLDER!  (Read 5987 times)

Anti-Bacterial

• Contributor
    • View Profile
I found a serious bug when deleting individual files stored in the root of my OneDrive folder!  If I right-click a single file in the OneDrive root and then choose DELETE from the popup menu, MC will prompt me to delete the file's parent folder (the entire OneDrive folder)! But it should only prompt me to delete the individual file (not the parent folder)

This bug only occurs when using the right-click mouse menu to delete a single file stored in my Microsoft OneDrive root folder.  If I use the keyboard (delete key) or the Delete button (F8), the individual file is deleted and there is no issue.  Also, deleting individual files from outside the OneDrive root folder works fine.  It only affects deleting individual files in the OneDrive root folder.

In the example shown below, I right-clicked on robocopy.txt (which is stored in the root folder of my OneDrive) and chose DELETE.   Why is MC is prompting me to move the entire OneDrive folder to the Recycle Bin?  It should only prompt me to delete robocopy.txt

I am using MC 5.6 build 2001 Portable 64bit Edition on Windows 7. 64 bit.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 16:16:12 by Anti-Bacterial »
IT professional and technology enthusiast 💻⚙⚡

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
All delete from the Shell Context Menu is redirected to Windows, and Windows is doing the delete instead of MC

However, I'm not able to recreate this, For me only the selected files gets deleted.

That it only happen in the OneDrive Root folder sound weird. There is no special handling for the onedrive folder.
I have no idea on why that is happening for you. very weird.