Author Topic: Non Rule-Based Coloring?  (Read 6654 times)

Klangfarben

• View Profile
Non Rule-Based Coloring?
« on: January 25, 2016, 22:56:08 »
Just wondering if there is a way to color files and folders not based on rules.  For example, when working on a project I want to label a folder or file red to mark it important.  Or if a file or folder is finished and completed I want to label orange for done, etc.  I can go ahead and make a custom profile and make settings for "important" and "done" with the proper color/text settings but since they aren't really rule based I can't think of a good way to label those files and folders.  I'm guessing I could write some sort of custom script based on a file tag, but only certain file types on windows allow tagging/commenting and folders don't allow either.  I could also go old school and put an X at the end of the filename or something like that but I really would prefer not having to rename files as that can get very disorganized and also cause problems with file syncing etc.

So is there a way to color files/folders without a rule implementation?  If not, is this something that might be possible in the future?

Thanks so much for the help.  Loving Multi Commander so far.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Non Rule-Based Coloring?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 07:36:52 »
Color files based on a file "tag" is a kind of a rule.

File tagging is planed and are coming. Then the Color Rules can take advantage of that

Klangfarben

• View Profile
Re: Non Rule-Based Coloring?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 02:47:54 »
Fantastic. Thanks Mathias. File tagging in Multicommander would be a perfect solution.