Author Topic: option to turn off nag "rename similar file(s)" please  (Read 6390 times)

sickOfMS

• View Profile
option to turn off nag "rename similar file(s)" please
« on: April 07, 2016, 21:24:22 »
in same folder I have files :
test.txt
test.tut

now I hit F2 and rename only test.txt into test_ANYTHING.txt

all goes fine but then MC pops up window telling me that there is a file with similar name in same folder so it is asking me do I want to rename that file too.

Wow it's nice but I don't want to have that popup in my face each time I rename my file(s).
I am renaming files quite often and it is very annoying to be forced to check what popup is saying, what is the problem now and after conclusion that it's just a nag I have to hit ESCAPE to get rid of it.

Please is there any way I can turn this OFF i.e. I don't want this popup to pop ever ?

(btw I tried disabling multi-rename and file utils plugin but it made no difference and in any way I like multi-rename feature even though it doesn't remember the last state I left it at and there is no way to associate a keyboard shortcut to it but it's still useful)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: option to turn off nag "rename similar file(s)" please
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 21:46:22 »
MultiRename is its own plugin..  This has to do with the inline rename in ExplorerPanel.. and there is a settings for that in the Explorer Panel settings.

To quick go to that settings you can type or copy paste the line below to the commandline field
Code: [Select]
:gosetting ExplorerPanel/layout/InlineRename/RenameSimilar

sickOfMS

• View Profile
Re: option to turn off nag "rename similar file(s)" please
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 03:01:57 »
awesome. thank you very much