Author Topic: Multi Commander 6.5 BETA  (Read 75829 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Multi Commander 6.5 BETA
« on: October 22, 2016, 15:13:30 »
Major new feature is TabSession. And also some minor new features and many fixes

MC is now in Release Candidate, No major changes or text changes will be added before release, Final will be released ASAP. When most langauge packs are updated
and if no major issues are found

185+ Changes

-- Build 2301 - 17-Dec-2016
  FIXED - Forward button on toolbar now works again
  FIXED - Create registry key from context menu now works again.
  FIXED - Some Multi Language issues
  FIXED - 2 stability issue reported by crash report system

-- Build 2299 - 11-Dec-2016
  FIXED - Creating a new TabSession and trying to access it directly caused a crash,

-- Build 2298 - 11-Dec-2016
  UPDATE- Updated the 3rd party audio library used when getting Audio Metadata. (More file formats should be supported in some places)
  ADDED - TabSessionManager now allows customization of slot id

-- Build 2296 - 10-Dec-2016
  ADDED - TabSession Dialogs and text are now using MultiLanguage texts
  ADDED - TabSession now have options for FileColoring, ButtonPanel, How to close existing tabs.
  CHANGE- Default hotkey for the double hotkey to switch tabsession is change to Ctrl+I,  So Ctrl+I and then Ctrl+1, to switch to first tab session
  ADDED - Double click on panel item in TabSessionManager dlg will now show the panel properties
  ADDED - Menu > File > Tab Session > Save , will now works. (Overwrite the current tab session with the current tab layout)
  ADDED - Loaded Tab session name is shown on title bar

-- Build 2294 - 6-Dec-2016
  ADDED - Beginning of support for double hotkeys (Eg  Ctrl+K followed by Ctrl+F )
  ADDED - Double Hotkey for to Switch TabSession Ctrl+O and then Ctrl+1 to switch to first TabSession, and Ctrl+O + Ctrl2 for second and so on, up to 0
  ADDED - Starting to internal support for TwoStep Hotkeys
  ADDED - TabSessionManager now starting to work
  ADDED - Added option to Explorer Panel so 'Remember of item on focus on path change' change be disabled
  FIXED - 7Zip password boxdo not show its entered password hidden ( as * )

-- Build 2290 - 26-Nov-2016
  ADDED - TabSessionManager where sessions can be inspected and modified
  ADDED - TabSessions can now be Saved and switch to from Menu > File > Session  (VERY ALPHA)
  ADDED - Custom Command "MC.ChangeTabSession" to change App Session from script
  FIXED - 1 stability issue reported by crash report system

-- Build 2282  - 30-Okt-2016
  ADDED - Creating SFV/MD5 from CheckSum Menu it can now remember the selected text encoding and will not ask again. (Force show the Ask dialog by Hold Ctrl when starting checksum)
  ADDED - Commandline field command ":doc" will take active explorer panel to the documents folders.
  ADDED - Search will no longer cache all scanned items, Making search use less memory
  ADDED - Garbage collection of objects not used anymore will now be processed faster
  ADDED - Simple FindFiles dialog can now save filter to a quickload slots using Ctrl + (F1 to F12)
  ADDED - Simple and Advanced FindFiles dialog can now load quick filters using F-Keys
  ADDED - Advanced FindFiles dialog can reassign quick load key for filters.
  ADDED - Settings for Favorites windows to show path instead of name
  ADDED - Popup in favorite window now got an option submenu where showpath option can be toggled
  CHANGE- FindFiles - Content matching option "Case Sensative" have change to "Ignore Case", This may break some saved filters
  CHANGE- Simple FindFiles dialog got some UI changes.
  FIXED - Resized Change DateTime/Attributes dialog so am/pm will fit in time fields.
  FIXED - 3 stability issue reported by crash report system

-- Build 2276  - 22-Okt-2016
  ADDED - New Language - Korean - Created by pCsOrI
  ADDED - ExplorerPanel settings for not saving none locked tabs on exit (Only keep locked tabs)
  ADDED - Popup menu on Tabs now have command to "Close all none locked tabs"
  ADDED - CustomCommand "MC.CloseAllTabs" now have the option "KEEPLOCKED", that will close all tabs except locked.
  ADDED - Tweak settings for ExplorerPanel : "Send file to commandline field also takes the input focus"
  ADDED - ExplorerPanel send current item to command line field (Ctrl+Return / Ctrl+Shift+Return)
          will now add trailing slash to folders and only quote characters if it have spaces
  ADDED - Change DateTime/Attribute dialog now got "*" buttons next to the Modified/LastAccess dates, Pressing this will sync the datetime with value in modified
  CHANGE- Change some default for new installation (Colors and some default options)
  FIXED - Sometimes when input focus was returned to MC an not needed refresh was done causing strange jump of item in focus
  FIXED - Fixed issue with unpacking rar created on linux
  FIXED - Fixed issue with unpacking zip archive created by google drive
  FIXED - 4 stability issue reported by crash report system
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 16:05:20 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Commander 6.5 BETA
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 14:19:48 »
Thanks for this Mathias.

These I will find very useful: :)

ADDED - ExplorerPanel settings for not saving none locked tabs on exit (Only keep locked tabs)
  ADDED - Popup menu on Tabs now have command to "Close all none locked tabs"
  ADDED - CustomCommand "MC.CloseAllTabs" now have the option "KEEPLOCKED", that will close all tabs except locked.

Haven't managed to break anything in testing yet ;)

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 11:25:23 »
Using multi-commander 6.5 build 2282 x64 (w7 x64), I have noticed a couple of things that seem worth mentioning:-

I've noticed that the column settings often change widths within my open/saved tab selections & I need to use the restore columns right-click function after a system restart or MC restart.

The strange selection bug is very rare now but will still occasionally manifest if I have a folder of more than 400 files and complete some operations like move delete copy rename etc between selections.

I find the move copy function seems to grab focus more than previously.
E.g. if I set a file to copy to a USB stick I could previously click to return back up the hierarchy of folders and initiate further move/copy operations which then would be queued from different folders.
If I try that now I find MC will to some extent 'hang', & although it will always recovers it takes time to make the transition between folders & to queuing further commands.
Previously MC would change dirs & queue as fast as i clicked through them. (I am using a no dialog command in a button for the move/copy ops.  Don't know if that may be relevant.)

I notice on the Find dialogue that the old setting for search within results is no longer present. I'm guessing that it can in most instances be replaced with a Regex, but is there any likelihood that that switch will be returning?

I haven't looked too closely at the script/internal commands relating to the new Find Filters yet. :-[   But  I wondered if I could assign a MC command or script a button to use a find preset & then use that as a selection to be assigned to a following operation.
E.g.  Find <filter selection preset> & move selection to opposite pane.

Thanks your continued efforts on this Mathias - always lots of great things in MC!   8)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 12:33:05 »
I think most (All?) of them are not new to the Beta ?? but old issue ?

Using multi-commander 6.5 build 2282 x64 (w7 x64), I have noticed a couple of things that seem worth mentioning:-

I've noticed that the column settings often change widths within my open/saved tab selections & I need to use the restore columns right-click function after a system restart or MC restart.
After you clicked restore then also click "Save current layout as default", else it is not resaved as the default

The strange selection bug is very rare now but will still occasionally manifest if I have a folder of more than 400 files and complete some operations like move delete copy rename etc between selections.
? What strange selection bug. ?? Might need some more description on what is happening or not happening.

I find the move copy function seems to grab focus more than previously.
E.g. if I set a file to copy to a USB stick I could previously click to return back up the hierarchy of folders and initiate further move/copy operations which then would be queued from different folders.

If I try that now I find MC will to some extent 'hang', & although it will always recovers it takes time to make the transition between folders & to queuing further commands.
Previously MC would change dirs & queue as fast as i clicked through them. (I am using a no dialog command in a button for the move/copy ops.  Don't know if that may be relevant.)
Not sure what you mean with "grab focus" I can't find any issue with this.. I can queue multiple copy operations after each other with not issue.. Not sure what the issue it ?

I notice on the Find dialogue that the old setting for search within results is no longer present. I'm guessing that it can in most instances be replaced with a Regex, but is there any likelihood that that switch will be returning?
The new FileSearch do not support that yet.. It is planned to add it again.. But almost nobody was really using it so it is not highest priority.

I haven't looked too closely at the script/internal commands relating to the new Find Filters yet. :-[   But  I wondered if I could assign a MC command or script a button to use a find preset & then use that as a selection to be assigned to a following operation.
E.g.  Find <filter selection preset> & move selection to opposite pane.
Not yet

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 17:28:23 »
As of build 2290 The first "Preview" of the TabSessions feature is now included.

Before you had to script it your self using MultiScript. But now there is starting to be built in support for it.

Menu > File > Tab Sessions

Select "Save As" to save current tab layout to a session that you then can Quickly swap to.
    In "Tab Sessions Manager" dialog you can remove and tweak the sessions. There is still a lot missing there. It is very much under development right now so a lot can change.

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 17:05:11 »
TabSessions will be useful.  Quite a lot for me to play with.  ;D
 Thanks Mathias ;)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 17:28:28 by Ulfhednar »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 21:58:44 »
As of 2294 the TabSession  should start to work a lot better.. Test it and let me know of any issue.
Let me know if the TabSession also should store any special other setup. Like if button panel should be visible or not. or something else.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 12:25:39 »
Testing Tab Sessions in 2294.  Two issues arise:

1. When loading a saved session, I get the "Tab is locked - close it any way?" Dialog for every locked tab in the current session. Yuk!

2. The double hotkeys for saved sessions do not seem to work.  I saved my "Default Session" to slot #1, but ctrl+0, ctrl+1 does nothing.

Or is it me?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 13:10:22 »
Testing Tab Sessions in 2294.  Two issues arise:

1. When loading a saved session, I get the "Tab is locked - close it any way?" Dialog for every locked tab in the current session. Yuk!

2. The double hotkeys for saved sessions do not seem to work.  I saved my "Default Session" to slot #1, but ctrl+0, ctrl+1 does nothing.

Or is it me?

1. It is because you have locked tabs. 

2. Slots does not work . and might be removed.
1 is the first , 2 is the seconds and so on.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 14:21:09 »
Hi Mathias.

I know why I get the dialogs, but that is not a very user-friendly way to restore tab sessions, IMHO.

Are you saying that:
ADDED - Double Hotkey for to Switch TabSession Ctrl+O and then Ctrl+1 to switch to first TabSession, and Ctrl+O + Ctrl2 for second and so on, up to 0
does not work at all?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 16:33:14 »
Are you saying that:
does not work at all?

Works everytime for me..  Ctrl+O (O as OPEN not Zero) ,Followed by Ctrl+1 to switch to the first TabSession that is defined,  Ctrl+2 for the second..
But Ctrl+O always first..     So you press 2 hotkeys..  Like many of the extended hotkeys you find in Visual Studio, Office and other MS products what have lots of features.

(If you already defined something else for Ctrl+O the default Ctrl+O might be override...)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 16:35:05 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 23:34:11 »
Hi Mathias.

My bad - I read that as "Ctrl + zero".

But the "tab is locked..." dialog for every locked tab is still a pain in the ass!!

Thanks for the clarification.

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 23:08:03 »
Seems my random selection issue is back since installing b2294 re:-
http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,1877.msg7080.html#msg7080
--tripped me up a quite few times today.  :-\ 
Seems to follow the mouse some of the time.  I.e. if I sweep the mouse up & select, the selection will be rising in a block to the clicked item, & mouse moving down & clicking selects randomly above clicked item.  This is without using <shift> or <ctrl>.
Not always the case though as I had the selection of every file above the clicked item a few times.  I cannot pin down a pattern, but it happens...  ???  maybe I need to delete the mouse driver & see what happens.

I wondered ref. the quick filter box (bottom right of pane), is there is a way to enter "-" as I can only use it as an exclude modifier?
I can always run a rename first & after but had sto ask ;)

Thanks for the update Mathias :)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2016, 23:44:09 »
Seems my random selection issue is back since installing b2294 re:-
http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,1877.msg7080.html#msg7080
--tripped me up a quite few times today.  :-\ 
Seems to follow the mouse some of the time.  I.e. if I sweep the mouse up & select, the selection will be rising in a block to the clicked item, & mouse moving down & clicking selects randomly above clicked item.  This is without using <shift> or <ctrl>.
Not always the case though as I had the selection of every file above the clicked item a few times.  I cannot pin down a pattern, but it happens...  ???  maybe I need to delete the mouse driver & see what happens.
Well Back, well depend on how you see it :) The issue have never been "fixed" since I have never been able to reproduce it

I wondered ref. the quick filter box (bottom right of pane), is there is a way to enter "-" as I can only use it as an exclude modifier?
I can always run a rename first & after but had sto ask ;)
You can click the filter icon and use advanced filters..
and you can try to use double --  it works in some situations.

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 11:40:40 »
Thanks Mathias.  I will try defining an advanced filter.
I have a MS mouse & although I do not use the feature it has 'gesture' capability & I wondered if it somehow was being called when MC is active for some reason.  So I am going to mess with drivers for a bit ;)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 15:35:45 »
Thanks Mathias.  I will try defining an advanced filter.
I have a MS mouse & although I do not use the feature it has 'gesture' capability & I wondered if it somehow was being called when MC is active for some reason.  So I am going to mess with drivers for a bit ;)

Im not sure how the gesture thing works.. I don't think so..

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2016, 15:39:54 »
in bulid 2296

Tab Session is starting to be complete.
If you miss any features/options around the tab sessions. Now is the time to let me know.. else it might take longer for it to be added.

Also the Default hotkey for the DoubleHotKey to switch tab session is change..  From Ctrl+O to Ctrl+I
So Ctrl+I followed by Ctrl+1 will switch to TabSession 1 and so on.

But each TabSession item is also its own command you can can assign separate keys to each tab session if you want.

If everything goes as planned next weekend (17-Dec) will be RC release. (or maybe even sooner)
So count this release as PreRC :) So any minor issues you find around stuff that been changed lately. Please report them asap. Final version will be out before end of year.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 15:52:48 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2016, 16:50:50 »
Build 2296.

Hi Mathias,
  Tab Sessions now deals correctly with locked tabs (well done!).

However, there is a truncated string in the Manage Sessions screen; should be "Session Name", I guess, but reads "Sessio" (see attached screenshot).

Shame you dropped slots - I was just getting used to using them  :(

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2016, 16:58:41 »
Build 2296.

Hi Mathias,
  Tab Sessions now deals correctly with locked tabs (well done!).

However, there is a truncated string in the Manage Sessions screen; should be "Session Name", I guess, but reads "Sessio" (see attached screenshot).

Shame you dropped slots - I was just getting used to using them  :(
Yes, I notice that right after I publish the beta. I had fixed that but I forgot to send that change to the server, So it got not include into the build that was published.. Whops :)

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2016, 17:00:09 »
Well, nobody's perfect ;)

Any plans to bring back slots at some stage...?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2016, 17:08:45 »
Well, nobody's perfect ;)

Any plans to bring back slots at some stage...?

Not sure. Maybe, There are issues with it. because it collides with how the normal commands for them are setup

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2016, 17:23:50 »
Maybe I have misunderstood something here...

I assumed the Session stored in slot #1 would accessed by Ctrl+I, Ctrl+1; the Session in slot #2 by Ctrl+I, Ctrl+2, and so on.  Was that correct?

If I cannot assign slots, what determines which hot key access which Session?

TIA

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2016, 17:39:52 »
Maybe I have misunderstood something here...

I assumed the Session stored in slot #1 would accessed by Ctrl+I, Ctrl+1; the Session in slot #2 by Ctrl+I, Ctrl+2, and so on.  Was that correct?

If I cannot assign slots, what determines which hot key access which Session?

TIA

The order they are stored in and show up in the menu when loaded.
Menu > File > Tab Session
You have the session there as  "Session #1 : blabla"  it is Ctrl+I,Ctrl+1,  the one that is #2 is Ctrl+I,Ctrl+2 and so on.
And you can have up to 10.
And this 10 command are actually connected to 10 internal command that you also see in if you look in Keyboard customization dialog.
Problem with moving them around in the dialog with "slot" is that they then also need to move around in the menu so they are connected to the correct internal command.

So some way to rearrange them might be needed in the dialog. But Im not sure the way it was is the correct way.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 17:43:33 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2016, 19:53:16 »
Thanks Mathias.

I kinda guessed that was the issue.

Happy with the final result - you probably want to hear that I can't break it so far ;)

VERY  useful feature :)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 13:38:30 »
Thanks Mathias.

I kinda guessed that was the issue.

(Build 2298)
I redesigned some internal stuff. So the 'Slot' options should work now.