Author Topic: Bookmark to network share  (Read 5642 times)

bugi777

• View Profile
Bookmark to network share
« on: October 30, 2016, 14:40:34 »
Hi All.
I have question about bookmarks to network shares.
I have laptop and use it in my company. When i work i have saved (blocked) bookmark to few shares. Everythig is fine when I works when i'm in company, I can restart my computer and everything is saved.
Situation stays complicatated when I back to home and I open MC. My paths from company change path to local "C" and MC opens very long (i think that's why he is looking for this unavaiable path). I know that workaround for this could be:
- save bookmarks to file and reopen it when i need
- add bookmark (path) to favourite.

Is it any other way (maybe change something in configuration in MC) to save status of bookmark with network path even if is unavaiable to not to save bookmark to file or add to favourite?

Regards

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Bookmark to network share
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 08:16:30 »
MC takes a long time to start if a panel tries to started with a saved path to a network folder that does exists ?

The settings that you turned off to allow that makes MC not remember path to network path.  Turn that back on Explorer Panel settings.
Now it will not remember path to network locations and it will not hang a while during the startup if the device does not exists

(Enter ":gosetting ExplorerPanel/save/onlylocal" without " in the command line field to go to that settings )