Author Topic: Ctrl+PgDn to enter file as archive  (Read 8150 times)

serenitatis

• View Profile
Ctrl+PgDn to enter file as archive
« on: October 31, 2016, 09:41:07 »
Total Commander have very useful feature - I can use a Ctrl+PgDn to enter on any file as archive. For example, file named file.abc, but this is zip archive for real. I select that file and press Ctrl+PgDn and I can see content that file and work with it like any regular archive file. If that file not archive - TC simply don't enter. This funtion is not limited to zip, I can do that with any supported archive format.

acemal

• View Profile
Re: Ctrl+PgDn to enter file as archive
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 14:31:16 »
Total Commander have very useful feature - I can use a Ctrl+PgDn to enter on any file as archive. For example, file named file.abc, but this is zip archive for real. I select that file and press Ctrl+PgDn and I can see content that file and work with it like any regular archive file. If that file not archive - TC simply don't enter. This funtion is not limited to zip, I can do that with any supported archive format.

That will be a usefull feature which is commonly supported  by other file managers. I would like this feature to be implemented.

Borg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:46:03 »
Old DOS navigator could access all archive content at that time by simply pressing enter on the archive file. You could even copy the contents like you would from any directory.

There is no logic in having weird key combos for that, enter will suffice and be a better option.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 18:43:40 »
There is no logic in having weird key combos for that, enter will suffice and be a better option.
The logic of having this "weird" key combo is that Enter will launch sfx-archive while Ctrl+PgDn should go into such archive.