Author Topic: Odd behaviour with zip  (Read 5730 times)

Tom

• View Profile
Odd behaviour with zip
« on: December 15, 2016, 21:00:08 »
f I get a portable program as zip, then I usually create a subdir within C:\Program Files (x86)\ (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\CsvQuickView). Then I open this subdir in the left panel, the zip (e.g. CsvQuickView.zip) in the right panel. Then I try to copy the files from the zip to the program files subdir. Copying starts and progress without any error messages but the files are not copied.

If I create the subdir in D:\ (e.g. D:\CsvQuickView\) then I can copy from zip to subdir without problems. If I then copy from D:\CsvQuickView\ to C:\Program Files (x86)\CsvQuickView\ then I can copy without any problems.

I tried this on several PCs (W7 and W10 with UAC disabled, logged in with local admin rights, running MC as Admin) and all had the same odd behaviour. On the same PCs other commanders had no problem with the same procedure.

I know that the Program Files directories are System directories and that the access rights differ from a subdir on D:\. Maybe the actual access rights to C:\Program Files are not considered when unpacking from zip?

Or does this depends on my MC configuration? Any hints appreciated.

Tom

• View Profile
Re: Odd behaviour with zip
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 07:36:11 »
Sorry, I just realized that MC at home was NOT running as Admin (no [Admin] shown in Title). If running as Admin all works as it should. Sorry about the confusion. Though I have to check it on other PCs.