Author Topic: Copy a Tab beside the active tab and not at the end of all tabs  (Read 6755 times)

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
If making a Tab-Copy with Ctrl+T the copy will be created at the end of all opened Tabs. It will be very much better when this Tab-Copy will be created directly beside the active Tab just because a better order of the opened tabs. Maybe is also a thing like Child-Tabs possible. In Firefox i use also such a setup. If i start new tabs in firefox with ctrl and mouseclick on a link, the new tabs will be loaded in background and the first tab will be created beside the active tab and all next beside the new background tabs. Only with this config is a good internet experience possible. And when u make another tab active, firefox start again beside the active tab for loading the next background tabs. So is it possible to have more than one issus in one single window, but  use crtl+n if i search something different.... this is only for example.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Copy a Tab beside the active tab and not at the end of all tabs
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 23:29:18 »
It will be very much better when this Tab-Copy will be created directly beside the active Tab

Sorry Matthias, but this a matter of preference: I am very happy with a new tab being opened at the end of the existing row - then I know it is not one of my "standard" ( and locked) tabs.

I also want all tabs to open NOT in the background (or why open a new tab - I want the information NOW?).  And MC is not an Internet Browser, after all ;)

It seems your idea of a "good internet experience" is different from mine (and maybe some other folks) :)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:11:59 by AlanJB »

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Re: Copy a Tab beside the active tab and not at the end of all tabs
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 02:22:24 »
NOT in the background
Yes, opening in the background is not matter for a file explorer, but for a internet browser definitively. :)
Locked tabs i have never used, maybe i should learn about.