Author Topic: MultiCommander v7.1  (Read 31321 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
MultiCommander v7.1
« on: April 22, 2017, 13:42:24 »

35+ Changes

Build 2347 - 13-May
 ADDED - Name generate for quick copy will now keep file extension intact and only change name part
 ADDED - Name shown in CopyTo dialog duing quick copy will now have the generated name part selected for easy changing
 FIXED - Switching between advanced and simple mode, The Simple part sometimes used the wrong text for the matching part.
ADDED - CustomCommand "MC.Explorer.Makedir" now support the quick create folder tags in the FOLDERNAME parameter

Build 2344 - 22-Apr
 ADDED - Added Command that can be assigned to hotkeys that will move active tab back/forward position in the same panel
 ADDED - The new Rename command are now added to the menu shown when right clicking on rename button on toolbar
 ADDED - MultiScript -= operator now works
 ADDED - MultiScript accessing array value as right part of an operator now works ( eg: @var $x = $a + $b[$idx]; )
 ADDED - MultiScript Adding array item with a value to the right now works  ( eg: @var $x = $b[$idx] + $val; )
 CHANGE- MultiScript Debugger window will now replace none breaking space with normal space (Can happen if you copy/paste script from some web browser)
 CHANGE- MultiScript Debugger window, The Tab size is now half. Looks better
 FIXED - Copy single file and selecting ".." in the CopyTo Dialog to pick folder will now keep the filename in the dialog
 FIXED - Volume specific ContextMenu item was not shown for virtual devices like REG:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 14:31:33 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: MultiCommander v7.1
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 15:58:56 »
Thanks for this Mathias - some very useful additions here :)

Would it be possible to make this
CHANGE- MultiScript Debugger window will now replace none breaking space with normal space (Can happen if you copy/paste script from some web browser)
a user-set option?

I sometimes use character 0160...

Starting my testing now ;)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 16:01:14 by AlanJB »

mgoodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 09:40:31 »
Hello,

I've been using MC now for a long time. I inscribed myself to the BETA channel. Now since updating to v7.1 (build 2344) MC was quarantined twice with the reason "unauthorized file encryption" while copying files. I went back to the latest non-beta version and since then the virus scanner is OK again with MC.

I'm working under Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1.

Regards,
Matthias

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 12:43:33 »
Here is NO changes around file copy in this release.
It is a file positive.  some AV get confused when dealing with file managers since they do so much file access, that normal programs do not.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 13:04:30 »
Which scanning tool reported the "unauthorized file encryption"?

If this was TrendMicro (or their OfficeScan product) it is a known problem (false positive).

If you do not want to change AV, you can (as a workaroud) switch off heuristic scanning.

mgoodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 08:40:22 »
Hello,

thanks for the feedback.

To answer AlanJB - yes the AV is TrendMicro. Unfortunately it's not in my hands to change the AV.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 11:48:54 »
I guess you could report the false positive, but don't hold your breath for a quick fix.

In the quick bit of research I did on your behalf, I found over 1700 reports of the issue affecting many programs going back to 2014 and as recently as March this year :(

Suncatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 16:15:02 »
It is this version where copy queue was released? I didn't notice at before. Cool stuff!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 16:18:23 »
It is this version where copy queue was released? I didn't notice at before. Cool stuff!
No, been in there since before public v1.0 :)

Suncatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 16:21:59 »
 :D Anyway, cool. Strange but it never proposed me to add file to copy queue. Maybe this functionality was hidden deep.