Author Topic: How to move file and delete directory even if file already exists in destination  (Read 6288 times)

iSCUBA4sharks

• View Profile
I have a source directory S and destination directory D, and would like to move many files and folders from S to D at the same time. If the file in S is newer, then it should overwrite the file in D. However, no matter what, I want the files and folders in S to be deleted afterwards. Is there any way to do this? Basically, when I just copy from S to D and then blindly delete everything in S, I have no confidence that the process of copying didn't abruptly stop before it was finished- in which case deleting S would delete some required files.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Better you compare the folders first (u find it under "Edit"), or use a synchronizing-tool like BC or TC or the Free Tool in FC.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
I have a source directory S and destination directory D, and would like to move many files and folders from S to D at the same time. If the file in S is newer, then it should overwrite the file in D. However, no matter what, I want the files and folders in S to be deleted afterwards. Is there any way to do this? Basically, when I just copy from S to D and then blindly delete everything in S, I have no confidence that the process of copying didn't abruptly stop before it was finished- in which case deleting S would delete some required files.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Not currently.  But it is planned..
But you can selected everything that was just copied again with the / key on the numpad. and then you press delete.