Author Topic: exciting learning, Filters, how to add folders in the filter.  (Read 6802 times)

minsik

• Electronics and television technician, 40+years
    • View Profile
HI,

1) in the filters section I see there is some mention of "Music" and elsewhere there is "Audio".
Why not call consistently as one or the other? Or are they in different areas and i miss that?

2) when modifying filters,  say for instance the audio filter, there are file types to display but is there a way to always show folders as well as filtered files? I feel sure there is but not obvious to me as a beginner.

thanks.

in theory
there is no difference between theory and practice,
but in practice there is!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: exciting learning, Filters, how to add folders in the filter.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 14:43:36 »
1) in the filters section I see there is some mention of "Music" and elsewhere there is "Audio".
Why not call consistently as one or the other? Or are they in different areas and i miss that?
Because I can't keep track of everything. there is no reason why. it only ended up like that.
should probably be audio instead of music.

2) when modifying filters,  say for instance the audio filter, there are file types to display but is there a way to always show folders as well as filtered files? I feel sure there is but not obvious to me as a beginner.
Hmm Not currently in the adv filter,but sometimes you can, Depends on the naming, you might be able to include it. there is not "always include folders"
But if you do the normal filtering  you can do "/* *.mp3" for all folders + all mp3 since you can do separtate folder filtering

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 10:47:24 »
Hi Mathias, I liked your choice of both - as Audio & Music are both useful categories. 
eg:- if you had files of audio-books & music Audio could allow files non-music audio to be separated from Music audio.
Just a thought.  ;)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 12:02:40 »
Yes should be audio since mp3 files and such can be audiobooks,podcats and other does not need to be music. 

Well the problem is how do you separate audio files from music files..  Then I need some kind of advanced AI,
It can take samples of the audio.. send it to shazam, and get a result back.. But that will be too messy

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 11:02:47 »
AI would be nice :)
I liked the idea as a starting point. 
Your Audio & Music filters do have differences (but clashes are inevitable) so I modified the basic filters to track down music or audio.  I just alter names with something to show if non-music (with mass rename a pattern is easy to introduce).  Then I add that to my filter.

I think setting name patterns matching filters is a good use of MultiScript, when/if you always have a fixed set of categories or date-stamps to select.  I use that method for sorting & cataloging images.  Not a huge leap to apply that to audio categories if required.