Author Topic: MultiCommander v7.3 BETA  (Read 33237 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
MultiCommander v7.3 BETA
« on: June 10, 2017, 15:07:03 »
Release v7.3 BETA

Been very busy lately with other things, So not been able to put much time into new features.
Most changes are fixes, improvment and minor features to complete existing functions

-- Build 2360 - ( 9-Jul-2017 ) - RELEASE
 FIXED - Entring subpaths in the CreateFolder dialog and pressing ctrl+Return. The browse did not go to the created folder.
 FIXED - Natural sorting fails if the numbers was 14digits or more
 FIXED - Horizontal scrolling issues with MultiRename

-- Build 2358 - ( 1-Jul-2017 ) Release Candidate
 ADDED - ContextMenu on DeviceToolbar can now save it setup from the context menu.
 ADDED - Device filtering settings now set the device filter for device toolbar and device dropdown
 FIXED - Toggle FolderTree On/Off will if you have AutoResizeColumns on trigger a resize of the columns.
 FIXED - Backup/Restore did not backup UserData content. (Like Saved MultiRename profiles, Search Profiles, FTP Bookmarks)
 FIXED - 2 stability issue reported by crash report system
 FIXED - Better error handling when doing flat filesystem scanning.
 SDK   - SDK and Samples Updated

-- Build 2354 ( 25-Jun-2017 )
 REMOVED- Verify delete. Did not work well. Windows and Network stack is caching result. And it is not possible to by pass it in a good way
 ADDED - Added options for Device Filtering for GlobalDeviceToolbar / ExplorerPanelDeviceToolbar / DeviceDropDown and FolderTree
 ADDED - MultiTag ${mcinstallroot} and ${mcinstalldevice}
 ADDED - When WM_COPYDATA windows message is recieved, It it logged to app log if debug loglevel is active
 FIXED - Crash happend sometimes when MultiRename windows was closed
 FIXED - MultiRename will now force column autosize.

--Build 2352 - ( 10-Jun-2017 )
 ADDED - Tab session can now be set to Autoload at startup
 ADDED - Can now remember last used tab session and autoload that on startup
 ADDED - DeviceToolbar inside explorer panel now shown a popup with device type to show. (Feature in progress. Not complete yet)
 ADDED - FS7Zip - When creating a 7zip archive, A retry dialog is now shown if the file it wants to pack is used from another program
 ADDED - Creating symlinks as normal user is now possible if running Win10 (1703) och if Developer mode in windows is enabled.
 ADDED - Makedir (Custom command and dialog) now support the date tags used when creating quick create folder commands
 ADDED - Delete can now do a special verify and check if delete actually happens. (Workaround for Samba on linux that can report that items was deleted when they was not)
 FIXED - Column sizing issue when the vertical scrollbar was visible
 FIXED - Sort was not always triggerd when doing inline rename
 FIXED - Advanced filter now support extended propery field "core.attrib"
 FIXED - Tabs was not always loaded into the correct order, If they was moved around
 FIXED - Various minor issues and code cleanup

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 15:47:32 by Mathias (Author) »

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Re: MultiCommander v7.3 BETA
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 16:48:31 »
When some items selected and double click at another item, all selected items will be opened. Therefore i made a multiscript which hotkey i everitime forget.
Code: [Select]
MC.Run CMD="${focusfilepath}" SHELLhttp://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,1673.0.html

Hoping you can make that the double click will be like this multiscript and the enter-key just open all selected files. Maybe 7.3 is just the step for this change.

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 07:16:48 »
Thanks Mathias - my column issues have all been fixed :D

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 13:52:00 »
Using the rename dialog I had some issues adding a space to a regex with a selection group.   I had a regex for bracketing dates, (19[0-9][0-9])|($1) & I wanted to add a space but "s are added in a strange way e.g.

(19[0-9][0-9])| ($1)

becomes

(19[0-9][0-9])|" "($1)"

Manual adjustment via ... dialog won't persist.   ???

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 13:57:38 »
I'm no expert on RegEx.  MC is using the build in regex engine in C++,

But don't you have to escape special characters like " with \" or something.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 17:08:39 »
Hi Ulf.

I am unclear as to what the expressions is doing...

(19[0-9][0-9])|($1)  translates as:

Find AND capture ["19" followed by 2 digits] OR [the first match found]

Is that correct?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 17:25:05 by AlanJB »

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 17:09:55 »
Hi AJB, the regex finds any 4 digit value starting with 19 (a year in this case).
If that is found the 1st instance is called to be renamed with ()s;  1923 = (1923)
(&The | is from the Rename dialog text entry field.   :P :))

Hi Mathias, yep \ is normally used but I can't pass that to the output field.
[& I also discovered that with the width of the rename window there is no horizontal scrolling for loooooong names, vertical scrolling is OK for multiple rename entries over-filling the window whitespace.]
The issue is with MR adding """s to a <space> which is normally OK e.g. _|" ", but with a regex it adds several automatically & I cannot edit it out as it won't let me...  ::) ???

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 18:12:21 »
Hi Ulf.

I see!  I was translating the whole line as a regular RegEx :)  I didn't realise the "|" was part of the MC Rename process (I've never used it).

No wonder I got confused (well, the syntax and my great age) ;)

I'm a Perl RegEx man myself, so the syntax is slightly different anyway.  But you would still need to escape the "(" and ")" for any flavour of RegEx.

Have you tried:

...| \($1\)

(just a WAG) ?

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 20:05:46 »
The following pattern seems to work (in 7.1)
Code: [Select]
(19[0-9][0-9])|" ($1)"

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 14:35:04 »
Hi Jungle - that is what I expected to happen but I got extra " added when I submitted the string to the dialog.
Your solution does show me where I was 'wrong'.  Normally a <space> needs to have " ", so I added them, giving me the result in the attached jpg.
However had I not manually typed in the string in the ... form, MR would have given me the format you have that works. I didn't expect that format could work given the restraints of the " "s.  Assumed it would try a literal " ($1)" as the name string.    :-[ :-\ 

Hi AJB - you would be right about the escapes but \ will not enter the equation as a character that the rename form allows for output.  (Cannot output a regex from a regex, does that ever work in the ancient mists of Perl?)
I guess you were thinking something like (?:what|the|hell) :)
In the case of the MultiRename dialog you will see the format can be only:-  regex in|acceptable folder-file name out
MR is a very useful tool for renaming, & I use it quite a bit in my MC toy-box.  ;)

So I guess that is panic over!   :D

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 15:07:02 »
Hi Jungle - that is what I expected to happen but I got extra " added when I submitted the string to the dialog.
Your solution does show me where I was 'wrong'.  Normally a <space> needs to have " ", so I added them, giving me the result in the attached jpg.
However had I not manually typed in the string in the ... form, MR would have given me the format you have that works. I didn't expect that format could work given the restraints of the " "s.  Assumed it would try a literal " ($1)" as the name string.    :-[ :-\ 

Hi AJB - you would be right about the escapes but \ will not enter the equation as a character that the rename form allows for output.  (Cannot output a regex from a regex, does that ever work in the ancient mists of Perl?)
I guess you were thinking something like (?:what|the|hell) :)
In the case of the MultiRename dialog you will see the format can be only:-  regex in|acceptable folder-file name out
MR is a very useful tool for renaming, & I use it quite a bit in my MC toy-box.  ;)

So I guess that is panic over!   :D

Dont forgot the RegEx checkbox if you are using regex there

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 12:38:39 »
[---
Dont forgot the RegEx checkbox if you are using regex there

:)  Yes I later noticed that in the screenshot I hadn't ticked the box, but it was only for that pic I'd omitted it. 
Normally I remember it needs doing  ;D