Author Topic: Different results with delete options  (Read 5769 times)

pncdaspropagandas

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Different results with delete options
« on: August 16, 2017, 16:35:39 »
Hi Mathias,

I was going to post here http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,1434.msg5194.html#msg5194 but it wasn't enabled.

I have a similar problem and tried the following cenarios when trying to delete (pressing the del key) a non-empty folder on the network (with non-empty subfolders too):

1)
Core Settings > Filesystem > Ask confirmation before > deleting folders that are not empty (disabled)
Core Settings > Filesystem > Default file operations options > Delete > delete to recycle bin (enabled)
Core Settings > Filesystem > Default file operations options > Delete > delete all if possible (enabled)
Core Settings > Filesystem > Default file operations options > Delete > Tweaking > hide delete options  and confirmation windows (enabled)

Result: Warning Window: Folder is not empty! Cannot delete folder. Options: Skip, Skip All, Retry, Abort

So there is no way to delete this folder. I chose to hide the confirmation window and to don't need to confirm deletions on non empty folders.

2) Same as before but now I enabled
Core Settings > Filesystem > Ask confirmation before > deleting folders that are not empty (enabled)

I try to delete the folder and the Warning Window shows up again, but this time it shows also Delete and Delete All. I choose Delete and then another Warning Window shows up, but this time there are only the Skip, Skip All, Retry, Abort buttons...... If I choose Delete All the same happens....

So still couldn't delete the folder

3) Same as 2, but disabled recycle bin
Core Settings > Filesystem > Default file operations options > Delete > delete to recycle bin (disabled)

When I delete it, the "Delete Files" operation window that I chose not to show on the "hide delete options  and confirmation windows " option is ignored. Clicking on Yes we go back to the cenario 2 with options Delete, Delete All, Skip, Skip All, Retry, Abort, but this time, when I choose Delete it deletes the folder successfuly!

4) Whatever options, if I press SHIFT+DEL it deletes the folder

So I think the logic in managing the delete operation may need to be checked.

Thanks!