Author Topic: Keep file date option does not work for some operations  (Read 6489 times)

AnW

• View Profile
Keep file date option does not work for some operations
« on: September 16, 2017, 23:05:57 »
I have "Keep file date" option turned on. It works correctly when I copy files between ordinary folders on disk and when I extract files from ZIP archive. Unfortunately it does not work for 7zip archives and for FTP transfers (from FTP to local disk)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 23:09:51 by AnW »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Keep file date option does not work for some operations
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 09:34:23 »
But Are you sure ? When I test now the date/time of the extracted files are the same as the one inside the archive.
Same with FTP.. (But with ftp it can also depends on the server if MC is able to got that information from the server. some server do not provide it in a standard way)

AnW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 01:42:50 »
I have retested everything and I can confirm that it works exactly as written in my original post. I have made the same tests in Total Commander using the same 7zip archive and FTP server and it works correctly. I have noticed one more interesting bug in MC. Content of FTP server is displayed almost correctly - I see dates and times of every file and directory. Unfortunately for two files I see correct date but time is 00:00:00 which is wrong. Currently I don't know what is so special in these two files. In another folder on FTP server I have found that all files have time 00:00:00 which is wrong. Total Commander shows correct time for every file.

I have made screenshots of related configuration options. Maybe there is something wrong when some combination of options is selected.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 15:02:26 »
I'm not able to recreate any time issues with 7Zip

FTP is trickier. because it depends on the FTP server. because almost none of the is following the standard way of showing date/time
So some FTP server send the time in a format that the client can not parse, and then you get 00:00:00, Problem is that there are almost as many formats that there is brands of FTP servers.
MC support the most common once. 
BUT I can say if this is the issue you have or not.