Author Topic: Multi Commander v7.6 BETA  (Read 38132 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Multi Commander v7.6 BETA
« on: November 14, 2017, 19:21:28 »
Release v7.6 BETA RC

I'm been so very very very busy. So I had not had time to add everything I had planned.
But here are some fixed anyway

160+ Changes

** PLEASE REPORT ANY ISSUE YOU HAVE WITH NEW/LISTED THINGS HERE, SINCE I DO NOT HAVE RESOURCE TO DO MASSIVE TESTING ON ALL KIND OF SYSTEMS **

-- Build 2400 - (16-Dec-2017 )
  ADDED - New AlreadyExistsDialog - Overwrite Larger/Small options now works
  ADDED - New AlreadyExistsDialog - Minor UI Tweaks
  ADDED - Improved logging in some places
  ADDED - Unpack Zip/7Zip now support IfSizeDiffer, IsLarger,IsSmaller overwrite options
  FIXED - 2 Stability issue reported by crash report system

-- Build 2398 - (5-Dec-2017 )
 ADDED - New AlreadyExistsDialog - now got a "More" button that allows for more options (Options do not work yet)
 ADDED - New AlreadyExistsDialog - Now shows a tooltip when hovering over filename
 FIXED - New AlreadyExistsDialog - Tweaked the arrow navigation in the dialog

-- Build 2397 - (4-Dec-2017 )
 FIXED - New AlreadyExistsDialog - Will now show icon if no thumbnail
 FIXED - New AlreadyExistsDialog - Size/Date will be red/green if differs
 FIXED - New AlreadyExistsDialog - Works in move operations
 ADDED - New AlreadyExistsDialog -Tooltip show if path is to long to be shown
 FIXED - Overwrite if size differs now works for Zip/7Zip
 FIXED - Zip/7Zip now using the new dialog correctly
 ADDED - API to Add/Remove column to current view
 FIXED - 2 Stability issue reported by crash report system

-- Build 2391 - (15-Nov-2017 )
 FIXED - Fixed crash issue with range selection
 FIXED - Wrong thumbnail was shown for target file
 FIXED - Crash if dialog was shown for file inside archive.. No crash anymore. but info shown in empty for now

-- Build 2390 - (14-Nov-2017 )
 ADDED - NEW Conflict dialog when copy/move files and file already exists. The new window have support for thumbnails are more options (And more will be added to it)
 ADDED - Settings if FocusItem should be saved on exit or not
 ADDED - MultiDataFileViewer got more default setups (thanks to pncdaspropagandas )
 ADDED - Added workaround for issue that if network mounted device got unmounted and remounted it got the same name since Windows Cached it.
 FIXED - Issue with range selection in WinExplorer setup
 FIXED - Issue with tab stealing focus when MultiRename window closes
 FIXED - 3 Stability issue reported by crash report system
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 14:30:45 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Commander v7.6 BETA
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 11:17:12 »
Mi Mathias.

I notice the new beta is not showing the "Beta" banner on the splash screen or the "About...." screen.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 13:15:41 »
Mi Mathias.

I notice the new beta is not showing the "Beta" banner on the splash screen or the "About...." screen.

Opss I forgot to activate that flag hehe

espkk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 20:27:04 »
"Extensions" and "Tools" menus stay highlighted even unfocused  :o
Never noticed that before

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 22:44:21 »
"Extensions" and "Tools" menus stay highlighted even unfocused  :o
Never noticed that before
Not sure how you managed that.  Nothing around that is changed.. Must be Windows that messed up the redraw of the window

espkk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 22:56:30 »
Right... just checked in previous versions, there is the same thing
The problem appears when the menu bar is hidden in settings: if you open any menu and hover on its caption and then close the bar by pressing ALT or refreshing views.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 22:58:51 »
Right... just checked in previous versions, there is the same thing
The problem appears when the menu bar is hidden in settings: if you open any menu and hover on its caption and then close the bar by pressing ALT or refreshing views.
I don't know. I do not have much control over that. That is a standard widows thing..

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 12:50:03 »
AlreadyExistsDialog

Sorry i don't need this. A copy option in a folder with already existing files is no option and should be made with a synchronizing software. Sometimes when i moving new startmenu shortcuts i take MC and they already exist sometimes when it is only a update of a shortcut. Then i trying to move and overwriting at the same time and MC fail and the MC Dev won't fix this problem which have nothing to do wich my special setup - sorry.

It seems the Startup of MC is now longer and Loading Tab Sessions need more time also when Excel and other disturbing Software off.

OT

Some new Shortcuts are different to the old ones and protected for manual editing, this shortcuts have to be replaced. I use Classic Shell and i did my Start menu also in Win XP in my own order. If you watch Linux KDE, they have a good order in the start menu (but not for wine programs). I guess this is not just my idea, i have it stolen by KDE, but was searching for a better order before i tested KDE. Sometimes when i was writing something against Microsoft, the stupid order in startmenu is always a good argument, and the useless new startmenu attempts.... Not necessary talking about, this is all only Klickibunti.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 13:10:11 by Matthias515566 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 14:06:12 »
AlreadyExistsDialog

Sorry i don't need this. A copy option in a folder with already existing files is no option and should be made with a synchronizing software. Sometimes when i moving new startmenu shortcuts i take MC and they already exist sometimes when it is only a update of a shortcut. Then i trying to move and overwriting at the same time and MC fail and the MC Dev won't fix this problem which have nothing to do wich my special setup - sorry.
Yes if you copy files because of backup. But most of the time for most people it is not :)
If you look in the file operation log you might get more information on what goes wrong. (ctrl+L)
But messing with startmenu shortcuts on a running system will trigger windows to do stuff and I think that maybe windows is starting to open files while MC try to write new one.

It seems the Startup of MC is now longer and Loading Tab Sessions need more time also when Excel and other disturbing Software off.
There is no code change at all around that, But when new EXE with new signatures are run the AV will do more scanning.
and it will scan all the dll that MC is opening.
It also depends on what network you have mapped and such since it need to get info of all drives and sometimes it can be slow for remove/network devices. for me it takes around 1-1,5 sec

OT
Some new Shortcuts are different to the old ones and protected for manual editing, this shortcuts have to be replaced. I use Classic Shell and i did my Start menu also in Win XP in my own order. If you watch Linux KDE, they have a good order in the start menu (but not for wine programs). I guess this is not just my idea, i have it stolen by KDE, but was searching for a better order before i tested KDE. Sometimes when i was writing something against Microsoft, the stupid order in startmenu is always a good argument, and the useless new startmenu attempts.... Not necessary talking about, this is all only Klickibunti.
?? what shortcuts. MC do not touch any shortcuts. the full installer create one of MC, but do not touch other shortcuts
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 14:08:29 by Mathias (Author) »

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 17:20:41 »
1. Copy works and moving works not, thats strange.
2. It was a old macromedia Flash player for a digital Book still open after the book closed, this was disturbing the MC Speed.
3. Yes i know. I was off topic writing about Windows and not about MC. Maybe dont read Off topic :)

keep the good work.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 18:06:33 »
1. Copy works and moving works not, thats strange.
2. It was a old macromedia Flash player for a digital Book still open after the book closed, this was disturbing the MC Speed.
3. Yes i know. I was off topic writing about Windows and not about MC. Maybe dont read Off topic :)

keep the good work.

1. Please don't just say "works not", (specially for beta version),   I done some standard testing and it worked. So if something does not work please provide more information on what does not work so I can find it and fix it. I hard for me to find what the issue can be if somebody just say it does not work. Specially when it works for me. Problems is that every user do things differently have different condition and setups and so on. so it can be a million reason why somethings does not work. It is extremely hard for me to find what it is when somebody say "don't work".   :)
So what does not work?, what did you do?, what happen?,  special/unique devices involved or other things that can be important ?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 18:11:57 by Mathias (Author) »

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 12:53:58 »
Specially when it works for me
For repeat you must go in your own startmenu folders and trying to move a file from a subfolder to another subfolder when the same File in the target folder already exists. Please watch my screenshot for the paths. Folders should cause the admin-mode, without admin mode no repeat possible.

Or use the following paths:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office 2016\

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 13:27:23 »
Specially when it works for me
For repeat you must go in your own startmenu folders and trying to move a file from a subfolder to another subfolder when the same File in the target folder already exists. Please watch my screenshot for the paths. Folders should cause the admin-mode, without admin mode no repeat possible.

Or use the following paths:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office 2016\
Ahh you mean that.  "Copy and move of live shortcuts do not work" . (I read it like no copy and move worked at all:)  )
So it has probably nothing to do with the new Already Exists dialog and that.
The issue with coping live shortcuts, That is not unique to the current beta ? or is it ?  That is a special case that does not work on your machine.. (works for me) and it is kind of unique situation. Not sure why it does not work for you.. I had no issue with it. It must be some external reason for this.
But I do not think it is something to do with the new things in the beta? or? 

(btw did you check the log if there was any more information ?, at what stage the error was sent )

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 13:36:56 by Mathias (Author) »

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 19:08:27 »
Yes, sorry, it have nothing to do with the new beta. But the same in other protected folders and not only with shortcuts, the same issue with files. But i have a thread for this problem, sorry for harassing you with this very old problem.