Author Topic: Problem  (Read 5352 times)

robbo

• View Profile
Problem
« on: January 25, 2018, 23:43:20 »

No, Not the same issue, That is not dialogs that are not shown. you say it is responsive. Sounds more that somethings else you have running is in conflict with MC.
If all buttons are black then you might be missing the config file for that. or something is blocking it from being read

But if it worked before try a older version (you can use portable version, same .exe as installed version) and if you still got issue with a version had before, then something have changed in the environment that MC is run in. And it can be anything that have been updated.. graphic drivers, other updates or programs that have changed since then

Sorry; I should have been clear - the buttons not only do not display but also do not work.  When I say MC is responsive, I mean that I can drag and drop across the main panel windows and right click and use context menus.  Everything else (menu buttons, copying and pasting file paths into the address bar, button menu buttons, using function keys -F1, F2, F3, etc.) does nothing.  If I reboot MC, Full functionality is restored, and then over time (and seemingly without me changing any part of my workflow process) the functionality degrades to that point.  Because MC works initially at start up with no issues, its hard to determine what conflicts could be operating at my end. 

I tried the 32 bit installation and encountered the same problem. 

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 07:33:30 »

No, Not the same issue, That is not dialogs that are not shown. you say it is responsive. Sounds more that somethings else you have running is in conflict with MC.
If all buttons are black then you might be missing the config file for that. or something is blocking it from being read

But if it worked before try a older version (you can use portable version, same .exe as installed version) and if you still got issue with a version had before, then something have changed in the environment that MC is run in. And it can be anything that have been updated.. graphic drivers, other updates or programs that have changed since then

Sorry; I should have been clear - the buttons not only do not display but also do not work.  When I say MC is responsive, I mean that I can drag and drop across the main panel windows and right click and use context menus.  Everything else (menu buttons, copying and pasting file paths into the address bar, button menu buttons, using function keys -F1, F2, F3, etc.) does nothing.  If I reboot MC, Full functionality is restored, and then over time (and seemingly without me changing any part of my workflow process) the functionality degrades to that point.  Because MC works initially at start up with no issues, its hard to determine what conflicts could be operating at my end. 

I tried the 32 bit installation and encountered the same problem. 

Sounds like something on your machine is causing some conflict. or something blocks messages sent inside the program. There is no logical reason for MC to behave like that by it self. You know if you done something common before it happens ?
But this is not the same issues, so I moves it to its own thread...