Author Topic: Single Pane view  (Read 7698 times)

barnowl

• View Profile
Single Pane view
« on: February 11, 2018, 12:17:53 »
Hi
      I'm totally new to this Multi Commander File Manager,  having used XYplorer for a long time.
      I like what I find, but could anyone tell me how to have a single pane view, and have it so that the program starts in single pane view
      when ever used.
      I have found that ctrl and F11 let me select a single pane, but on restart I get split panes again.

Thanks   

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Single Pane view
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 08:48:01 »
MC is not intended to be used in a single panel mode. It is designed around the source / target panel layout style.
If you hide one of the panels it is still there and some feature in MC will act on what is shown in the other panel. and if hidden you might do things to them without seeing it

parcher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 17:16:43 »
Multi Commander always starts in double pane mode, but you can change it to single pane by pressing alt+F11. Mathias, I've been doing this for years, every day, and haven't had any problems. I never work in double pane mode. There might even be a script that could be written to make it single pane upon startup.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 06:15:17 »
Yes but then it is an active choose, Since things can happen.. I can't officially support that. Because if you are not aware that there is a second panel. you might do think to the "target" panel.  Recommended is to set the path for the target panel to temp folder or to a empty folder. so you don't accidentally delete something in the hidden panel.

Yes you can make it happen with script that are run at startup.. I think there is some description on how to do that in the forum

trimble

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 05:44:17 »
how to have a single pane view, and have it so that the program starts in single pane view

I use a AutoHotkey script, as below:

Code: [Select]
#m::
  Run "D:\Portable Apps\MultiCommander x64 Portable\MultiCommander.exe"
  WinWaitActive ahk_class MultiCommander
  If ErrorLevel = 0
    SendInput !vs{up}{enter}
  Return

This means that pressing Win+M will start MultiCommander, wait for the window to become active (in focus) then send keystrokes alt-v + s + Up + Enter, which effectively selects View -> Split size -> 100/0 as so:

Works every time.