Author Topic: Typing a letter does not find the first file and right-click not working  (Read 8947 times)

shmuelw

• View Profile
I installed multi-commander on a new computer and I have two things that are not working:

1. When I'm in the explorer pane and I type a letter, it used to go to the first file that starts with that letter. On the new computer, when I type a letter it types the letter in the Command Line Field at the top, and does not go to the first file with that letter.

2. When I right-click on a file in the explorer pane nothing happens.

I'm using the 64-bit version, v7.7 (build 2404) on Windows 10, 64-bit.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:02:01 by shmuelw »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Typing a letter does not find the first file with that letter
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 11:02:18 »
In Menu: Configuration > Explorer Settings > Keyboard Handling, uncheck "Forward keys to command line bar".

shmuelw

• View Profile
Thanks!

shmuelw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 18:06:05 »
In Menu: Configuration > Explorer Settings > Keyboard Handling, uncheck "Forward keys to command line bar".

It's still not working. After selecting this option, it does not type the text in the command line bar, but it does not find the next file with the letter I typed. It used to type the letter in a box at the bottom of the explorer window and find the next file. It doesn't do either.

And, a possibly unrelated problem, when I right-click on a file in the explorer pane, nothing happens.

Any ideas?

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Sorry - I cannot help - it works as expected for me!

BTW, please don't PM me.  I monitor this forum every couple of hours & I will check all new posts.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 00:07:48 by AlanJB »

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
1. When I'm in the explorer pane and I type a letter, it used to go to the first file that starts with that letter. On the new computer, when I type a letter it types the letter in the Command Line Field at the top, and does not go to the first file with that letter.
Press Ctrl + Alt and type a letter, this works. This is the feature.
2. When I right-click on a file in the explorer pane nothing happens.
Please use a double right click, or the Keyboard Butten left beside the right Ctrl Button.

shmuelw

• View Profile
Thanks for the answers. I eventually did a fresh install and didn't importing my previous configuration, and now it works. So maybe I selected some feature in the configuration by mistake that messed things up.

Anyway, it works now. This is great forum.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 13:26:57 »
It's still not working. After selecting this option, it does not type the text in the command line bar, but it does not find the next file with the letter I typed. It used to type the letter in a box at the bottom of the explorer window and find the next file. It doesn't do either.
No it willl not jump to the next letter matching it automatically.. When typing likr that you are filtering the items against what you type. You can use arrow up/down to move to next / previous match.

And, a possibly unrelated problem, when I right-click on a file in the explorer pane, nothing happens.
Yes unreleated :), Depending on what default setup you selected.. Commander Style you have ContexMenu on double right click / or right click and hold.
with explorer styled setup you have it on normal right click.
You can customizer that in explorer panel settings -> mouse (tab)