Author Topic: Change drag & drop action default to move instead of copy?  (Read 5394 times)

nhizzat

• View Profile
Change drag & drop action default to move instead of copy?
« on: February 20, 2018, 15:49:18 »
Is this possible? I'm trying to move files inside a folder to a subfolder within the folder the files are currently in. An example to illustrate:

1. Files are currently in C:\files
2. I want to move the files (using drag & drop) into C:\files\morefiles
3. By default, build 2404 wants to copy the files even though the files aren't being copied to another drive
4. Holding shift only allows me to move one file at a time

I know I can use the hotkeys but that defeats the simplicity of drag & drop. I deal with many PDFs on a daily basis and sort them by general contractor. As such, using hotkeys would be a time consuming process due to having to navigate to the target folder each time then having to deal with an extra copy of each file.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Change drag & drop action default to move instead of copy?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 14:16:03 »
Not sure what your issue is.. I can't recreate it.
When copying/moving using Drag and drop on the same drives the default action is Move.
When I recerate it I just select some files and then drop them into a sub folder in the same panel.

( Btw No. hotkeys are faster and simpler if you know how to use it :) And you do not have to move the mouse and hit exact points.. but if you are not used to keyboard navigation and its hotkeys it can ofcourse be more complicted and not so simple to use, So thats why drag and drop is also supported..)