Author Topic: copied folders and files from my hard disk to 128GB USB drive not showing  (Read 8616 times)

myganesh

• View Profile
Hello,

Greetings.

Tried copying folders & files on my hard disk to 128GB USD Drive.

Copying showed as successfully done.

But no files were available in the folders copied.

What could have I done wrong.

I am copying the very same files once again running to about 70GB using Explorer on latest Windows 10 April 2018 update.

Thanks and Regards

M. Y. Ganesh / myganesh

** Edit - Removed you email / Admin  **
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 22:33:21 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
You might want to edit your last post and delete your (presumably) private email address ;)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Strange..

How did you copy the files (there are like 5-6 different way to do a copy in mc)

Did the files have system or Hidden on. Then It might be that they are not shown  (Right click on the icon to the right of the of the colorwheel on the toolbar)

And you can also press Ctrl+L and look at the fileoperation log. And you can see where the files was written maybe you did something that made the be copied to another location?

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Sorry, but i have to say that the Windows Explorer or Multicommander or any other Commander are not the right Software for doing such a job. They all will need to much time. Therefore i never finshed such a job with MC. I made it always partially until the first question come or until it stop for several reasons and finished it with BC, The fastest Software is Acronis True Image. This use the Full Speed of the Hard Drive for making a Backup. There is no faster Software available and therefore Acronis can give us always alpha versions as final.....

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Sorry, but i have to say that the Windows Explorer or Multicommander or any other Commander are not the right Software for doing such a job. They all will need to much time. Therefore i never finshed such a job with MC. I made it always partially until the first question come or until it stop for several reasons and finished it with BC, The fastest Software is Acronis True Image. This use the Full Speed of the Hard Drive for making a Backup. There is no faster Software available and therefore Acronis can give us always alpha versions as final.....
It is not a drive backup, Just copying files
For full OS backup then Acronis or other imaginge software are better and faster

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
For full OS backup then Acronis or other imaginge software are better
Acronis True Image is only so fast when it create its own Backup Files. Direct Copy of Hard Drives i tested a long time not.  But Beyond Compare (I don't know whether talking about is allowed in your forum) is also with creating the filesystem of the copy very much faster. The speed difference can you see when you make a copy of very much small files. When making a copy of Big Files like Videos you can't see any difference. But BC are using more than one CPU Core.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 16:16:43 by Matthias515566 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
For full OS backup then Acronis or other imaginge software are better
Acronis True Image is only so fast when it create its own Backup Files. Direct Copy of Hard Drives i tested a long time not.  But Beyond Compare (I don't know whether talking about is allowed in your forum) is also with creating the filesystem of the copy very much faster. The speed difference can you see when you make a copy of very much small files. When making a copy of Big Files like Videos you can't see any difference. But BC are using more than one CPU Core.
Yes I know. and lots of things affect speed and sometimes you think it is fast when it is not. and sometimes it is. There is not so much variable to play with.
BC do file copy ? back when I used it it was only used to compare files content..However. This is a bit off topic, not really relevant of the original question. 
The speed of copy was not in question. it was that he did not see the files after they was copied.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 01:00:09 by Mathias (Author) »

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
BC do file copy
It is not off topic. With Folder Sync can you maka a perfect Folder copy. If Folder not exist, it create it (i suggested this for MC already). For Folder Compare are some commands for moving files or copy files. My Android Smartphones do i always syncronizing with BC, and New files from the android which have to be moved to the PC i make with Folder Compare, select teh to move files and CTRL+X. This works perfectly. New Videos and Images or Sound files or other move i with this feature from the Android to the PC. This works with highspeed USB 2.0 full speed. You can also synchronizing your homepage with ftp.......... The sync is not implemented in MC yet and BC is no Freeware, and MC is in other things like Multirename and file exploring very much better.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
BC do file copy
It is not off topic. With Folder Sync can you maka a perfect Folder copy. If Folder not exist, it create it (i suggested this for MC already). For Folder Compare are some commands for moving files or copy files. My Android Smartphones do i always syncronizing with BC, and New files from the android which have to be moved to the PC i make with Folder Compare, select teh to move files and CTRL+X. This works perfectly. New Videos and Images or Sound files or other move i with this feature from the Android to the PC. This works with highspeed USB 2.0 full speed. You can also synchronizing your homepage with ftp.......... The sync is not implemented in MC yet and BC is no Freeware, and MC is in other things like Multirename and file exploring very much better.

Yes it is OT, The original question did not mention anything about perfect folder copy, syncing, or backup or anything like that. Only that files did not show up.
If you have other issues with copy. please create a separate post, so we don't fixed up the issues.

( MC will create the folder if it does not exists.)