Author Topic: Hangs when updating  (Read 4835 times)

sigmonster

• View Profile
Hangs when updating
« on: May 15, 2018, 01:39:08 »
I receive the update available message and tell MC to download the update, at which point it tells me it can't update with MC open. I close MC and click the retry button and then wait. I waited for 30 minutes and it still hadn't downloaded anything or progressed in any way (see the attached screen shot for what it looked like). This is identical to what happened the last update, although updates before the last one worked fine as far as I know. I was able to just click the link to the .zip and install the update "manually", but I'm fairly sure this is not the desired behavior. Along with the negative issue report, let me say that I LOVE MC, best durn file manager for Windows as far as I'm concerned. Keep up the great work :)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Hangs when updating
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 06:10:19 »
There should be no issues in downloading it.
Since you are not even receiving a single byte , then probably something is blocking the download. Maybe your security software does not trust multiupdate.exe and therefor blocks the download ? Or you have some strange proxy setup that it can not resolve correctly. Some none standard web proxy solution can cause issues.