Author Topic: Path shortcuts  (Read 9324 times)

Suncatcher

• View Profile
Path shortcuts
« on: May 27, 2018, 16:42:39 »
Neither of these commands worked for me

http://multicommander.com/FAQ/Navigation/GoToFavoriteLocation#menu

Particularly I tried user-defined commands and hot paths.

I define commands like this, but they doesn't work when I place them to the toolbar.

Also hot paths doesn't work as well. I assume it's because of the conflict ( I have Ctrl-Number keys assigned to keyboard layouts) but why Ctrl-H key doesn't work too?

Suncatcher

• View Profile
Re: Path shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 17:44:31 »
Bump!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 17:08:32 »
The problem is that you can not assign Ctrl+H or that the command does not work ? (do it work in if you place it in the menu or or places)

Some key combination do conflict with key combination that are builtin into UI components that are in focus.
But Ctrl+H should not conflict.. ( I think ),  It works when I try to recreate it

Maybe it can't access the network path ? does it work if you change path to a local path?

Suncatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 17:27:44 »
The problem is that you can not assign Ctrl+H or that the command does not work ?

Both. I cannot assign (Ctrl-D brings nothing) and cannot call the assignment (Ctrl-1 - Ctrl-5 bring nothing as well).

Maybe it can't access the network path ? does it work if you change path to a local path?

Bot how to check it, when I can't define it? Is there GUI method for setting hot path except Ctrl-D?

And what can you say about User Defined Commands in the Menu Bar? Why it doesn't work?

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 17:50:21 »
I created for testing: "MC.Explorer.Goto PATH="\\Fritz-nas\FRITZ-NAS\FRITZ\voicebox\"" and i used the Hotkey Ctrl+Z because this was the only free.
This works very well.
Do please never use Ctrl+D, this is needed for removing the selection.

Don't forget to assign the new hotkey. Watch that the hotkey in the hotkey list.

Suncatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 17:59:39 »
Well it doesn't work from hotkey. But it also doesn't work when put on panel. It seems something wrong with command configuration. Could you please review config screenshot from the first post?

Suncatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 20:21:42 »
Thanks, variant with Multiscript type worked. And how to debug this hot path hotkey issue? Is it conflicting with smth? Can I reassign this combinations?

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 20:22:28 »
No it is nothing wrong with the command configuration, it should work. I tested it several times. I made nothing different. Maybe restarting windows sometimes?

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 20:24:30 »
Thanks, variant with Multiscript type worked
for me also the config with the Custom Commands Type worked. This is strange. It is no difference between this types, this is just a little help for creating such commands.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 21:23:10 »
The problem is that you can not assign Ctrl+H or that the command does not work ?

Both. I cannot assign (Ctrl-D brings nothing) and cannot call the assignment (Ctrl-1 - Ctrl-5 bring nothing as well).

Bot how to check it, when I can't define it? Is there GUI method for setting hot path except Ctrl-D?

And what can you say about User Defined Commands in the Menu Bar? Why it doesn't work?

Yes Ctrl+D can not be overriden.. (Ctrl+H can)  Ctrl+D is unselect all.