Author Topic: When moving files between folders  (Read 6949 times)

daveme7

• View Profile
When moving files between folders
« on: June 26, 2018, 07:40:23 »
Do we really need to give permission to move our own files?

After downloading some PDF files, I go to where they were downloaded in the downloads folder. Some are articles or even books but also I download quite a bit from Wikipedia. So when I go and try to move one file, this pop up comes on asking me if I really want to move it from here to there (from download folder to PDF folder.)

When you have 30 files you want to move, it becomes quite irritable to have to agree that you wanted to move that one file from the current location to destination folder. It is also very inconvinient to do it for 30 files you are trying to move (should note moving each one on its own).

Getting rid of this feature would be a super thing to do. I know there are different ways tomove files but really, I think most people understand they are moving their files around when they do it.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: When moving files between folders
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 12:40:03 »
I assume you mean the options and confirm dialog ?

That is there so you can select what option you want.  Filters, plugin and other..  Just press enter to confirm
MC created to be used with keyboard first. so if used that way you just to F6 (move) and then return key directly after. No pain..
Howevery if you use mouse I can see the pain.

But you can configure a new copy or move command that you then assign a button/menu/hotkey, and that command will then start the move without showing the options dialog
( See http://multicommander.com/docs/customcommands_list#mc.explorer.move )

And depending on how you do the copy. You can disable the option dialog. But it only works for drag and drop, and then you can not use any of the advanced options there.

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
Re: When moving files between folders
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 15:20:34 »
daveme7  If you are referring to the options dialogs, you can use a 'user command' to remove that (config > user defined commands) as Mathias says.
I use -
MC.Explorer.Move NODIALOG USEEXISTINGQUEUE
which I have added to the buttons at the bottom.
This will move all selected items between panes without dialogs or confirmations.  The NODIALOG switch works on other things such as delete as well.