Multi Commander > Script

Trying to write pretty simple scripts is turning out to be very exasperating!!!

(1/3) > >>

ajax:
Still trying to do what provoked a previous post (http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,2212.0.html) but am past the documentation stage.  The MultiScript debugger does some nice things but even using it success is quite illusive.  Here are some suggestions which I think would make the debugger much more useful.

* Need to be able to copy text from the panel that displays values, that the variables get set to, which can then be pasted elsewhere.
* Before executing one of the MC.xxx commands that command needs to be expanded (i.e., variable substitution completed) and then displayed prior to being executed.
Based on inspection of variable values my scripts work correctly but something bad is happening when MC.xxx commands are invoked.

A minor suggestion would be to add a horizontal scroll bar to the panel used for outputting debugger results.  Even on my wide screen display the values are often out of view.

ajax:
Finally succeeded to get a simple script to work.  Never did figure out what was wrong with prior attempts but a bit of trial and error succeeded.  Now I'd like to figure out how to pass a parameter when invoking the script.  From documentation it looks like this means the script must be launched from the command line but there must be some not so obvious secret to making this work.

I chose the "Alias" button when using "Configuration>User Defined Commands" to create a multiscript.  There is an entry that shows up in the panel displayed when selecting "Configuration>Manage Aliases".  However, nothing seems to happen when the alias name is entered on the command line.

What do I need to do now?

AlanJB:
Did you look here: http://multicommander.com/docs/aliases

to make sure your alias is correctly configured?

ajax:
In my case the Alias Manager screen lists the name I assigned to the multiscript on the left and a value of @d037fc176448408cb5c744d5bc62ae33 on the right.  That value is what is displayed as the "Unique ID" in the upper right corner of the script editor for the script I want to invoke.

The script works fine in Multicript Debugger but it looks to me as if you cannot test the parameter passing in the debugger.  If that is possible I could use some help figuring out how to do that.  I'm not even able to invoke it without a parameter from the command line.

AlanJB:
Could you post your MultiScript source here, please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version