Author Topic: Refine Search Results or Detailed Search Function  (Read 5395 times)

lunloon

• View Profile
Refine Search Results or Detailed Search Function
« on: July 17, 2018, 04:24:25 »
I am searching archives of HDDs, and I need to specify specific search terms.
I can either search filenames for "books" then refine them with "cats", or i can specify to search for "books" that contains "cats".
But no matter what i do in the search window, it always search for "books" or "cat" so i have everything that contains books or cats, which many results turn up useless.

So how do I actually search with detailed specifications, or how do I refine a set of results?
using build 2452.

lunloon

• View Profile
Re: Refine Search Results or Detailed Search Function
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 04:40:37 »
To add on, from the online documentation newbielink:http://multicommander.com/docs/file-search [nonactive]

If you have previously searched for something you can specify that a new search should search the Results  of the first search.
This way you are doing a search on the previous search result. This is a useful way to filter files from searches that produce too many results.

There is no way to do that in my search results. I can only close/hide the original search window, cannot save search, cannot open a new search, can start search (which restarts the same search).

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Refine Search Results or Detailed Search Function
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 07:27:38 »
Well the documentation there is not up to date.  Search UI have changed since that was written. (it is on my todo list , but writing that taks time.. )
But as you see there, you used to be able to search in the result.  But when the UI was redesigned that option was removed from there becuse it was confusing a lot of users.
But it is comming back.