Author Topic: Multi Commander will not update  (Read 5715 times)

TreesInOregon

• View Profile
Multi Commander will not update
« on: August 20, 2018, 02:35:50 »
I keep getting the message that updates to Multi Commander (MC) are available.  I try to update but get the message that I can't update when MC is open.  When I try to close MC, it will not close, so I can't do the updates.  Any ideas on why this is happening and how I can fix it?
Thanks,

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Commander will not update
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 13:52:44 »
maybe u can use the process explorer and kill all multicommander processes - select the process and press del. And start the MultiUpdate.exe which is in the program folder manually

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Multi Commander will not update
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 14:40:40 »
I keep getting the message that updates to Multi Commander (MC) are available.  I try to update but get the message that I can't update when MC is open.  When I try to close MC, it will not close, so I can't do the updates.  Any ideas on why this is happening and how I can fix it?
Thanks,

If it say that MC is open then MC is not closed. It can't update if the program is still running.
Make sure it is closed, if you have the option minimize to tray enabled, It is still running but is minimized then right click on the tray icon and select "Close MultiCommander" 

Or open Task Manager and see if there is a MultiCommander.exe process running. if there are, Right lick and select End Task