Author Topic: FTP  (Read 10061 times)

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
FTP
« on: October 12, 2011, 06:49:04 »
1. Is ftp connection through proxy supported?

2. When i press [Connect] in Quick connect dialog, nothing happens but that dialog appears once again, and only after i press [Connect] again MC tries to connect.

3. If i check 'Add to bookmarks' option in Quick connect dialog, the server is added to the but is not displayed in the explorer panel until manually refreshed.

4. I'm not sure what 'Remember site' option in Quick connect dialog means. I thought that it should keep entered data in this dialog after closing. But the data remains even if option is unchecked.

5. It is possible to create nameless profile in 'Site manager' but impossible to delete it, because it is not displayed in the list of 'Site manager'. Only by editing config file.

6. Connections in FTP filesystem are displayed like folders. I tried to delete test connection, but instead of deleting FTP-profile, MC showed me long progress bar and began to delete something. At the moment i don't know whether something has been deleted or it was just 'fake' deleting. But it scared me :)

PS. MC 1.2.1 Build 857
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 07:56:56 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: FTP
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 11:57:39 »
1. Proxy is not support.  almost never needed anymore.  I decided to cut that to save time.

2. That is something new. Something must have broken. I will take a look at that.

3. That just to work too.. Will take a look.

4. Should remember the settings in the quick connect dialog without having to create a bookmark

5. I will fix that.

6. Delete should not be possible from that location.  that is a bug.  the FTP FileSystem plugin shows the bookmarks and commands as files/folders.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 15:05:36 »
2. the QuickConnect dialog is only shown twice if the login name or password are blank

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 15:24:57 »
2. the QuickConnect dialog is only shown twice if the login name or password are blank
If i check 'Anonymous' i don't need Login/Password