Author Topic: Shortcut for getting cursor to Command Line Field  (Read 11797 times)

skim811

• View Profile
Shortcut for getting cursor to Command Line Field
« on: March 21, 2019, 18:14:46 »
Hello there,

I've' been using MC for i while and have found is one of the best tools for working all day. Nevertheless also have found that having shortcut for getting to Command Line Field would be a great feature; when i need to create a folder or open command line is kind of worthless having to use the mouse for getting the cursor in the command line field and then back to the screen you were, a shortcut would make things a lot faster.

I have look at documentation but haven't found nothing like that, i suppose it not implemented.

Hope this suggestion get somewhere and thank you all!.

Regards

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Shortcut for getting cursor to Command Line Field
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 21:23:41 »
You almost never need to use the mouse if you are using the commander styled mouse and key setup

By default it will send any key to the command line field. But even if you turn that if there is a hotkey that bring focus to the command line field
the key that is right of the "1" key. It is a fixed key. so different keyboard layout have different character on that key,
But you can also configure configure a key for that in Keyboard customization.

bgroper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 13:40:01 »

By default it will send any key to the command line field. But even if you turn that if there is a hotkey that bring focus to the command line field
the key that is right of the "1" key.

Please, I mean no disrespect.  You're an admin, and I'm just a newbie.
But did you mean to the LEFT of the "1" key ??   ???

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 14:42:43 »

the key that is right of the "1" key.

Please, I mean no disrespect.  You're an admin, and I'm just a newbie.
But did you mean to the LEFT of the "1" key ??   ???

Look at the keyboard.. locate the "1" key.. look what key is to the left.
It is not connected to the character that the layout in encoded to. but the keycode for that key.  On Swedish keyboard it is 'ยง' but it will be different.
HOWEVER.. if you got a none standard keyboard . that key can be located somewhere else.

bgroper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 00:11:34 »
Thanks for clarification.  I did think you meant LEFT not right.
BTW, on my old skool mechanical keyboard, the key left of 1 is the backtick key. 
It works as intended.   ;D