Author Topic: MC v8.9 (build 2500)  (Read 17730 times)

veds

• View Profile
MC v8.9 (build 2500)
« on: April 02, 2019, 22:54:07 »
Problem:
1)
- Start in the right panel a search which takes a long time and list result in RES1
- Close/hide search config window
- Select in the left panel RES1 -> the text "A filesystem scan is already running for this path..." appears
- Select in the same panel C: again -> I expected to see the files from C:\ but the text "A filesystem scan is already running.." stays on the screen

2)
- Start in the right panel a search which takes a long time and list result in RES1
- Close/hide the search config window
- Click in the right panel where the search is running on the x to close the RES1 panel
- The gui blocks (till the search ends ?) and then the panel is closed but the text "Searching.." (bottom right) is still shown

3)
- Start in the right panel a search and list result in RES1
- When that search has ended make a few duplicates of the RES1 tab with ctrl+T
- Now start a new long running search and list result in RES1
- In the existing RES1 panels no text is shown that a filesystem scan is running.
- Press ctrl+T again on a RES1 panel, in the new RES1 panel the text "scanning filesystem.." is shown
- Press ctrl+T again on a RES1 panel, in the new RES1 panel the text "A filesystem scan is already running.." appears

Wishlist:
- start/pause/stop button while the search is running
- button to open then search config like in the previous search panel
- multiple searches simultaneous would be nice to have

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: MC v8.9 (build 2500)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 10:12:03 »
1)  Yes the panel is waiting for the scan to complete you should be able to cancel it with the ESC key

2) Think it is the same as above that it is in a wait state. should be able to cancel it with ESC. But I will take a look

3) Not able to get that. Might be a timing issue.

From the search Dialog you can stop the search. And I'm planing to have some Pause/Stop things somewhere. but since search is not its own panel . there is no real good place to place them..

You can press the search hotkey to open the search dialog again

Multiple searches are on the list. But before messing with that I want a single search to work first..
The problem with that is how handle the in a UX way. becuse the search dialog is now connected to the current search and such