Author Topic: Save the Filter Status to Tab sessions  (Read 21951 times)

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Save the Filter Status to Tab sessions
« on: May 27, 2019, 17:45:22 »
The Windows Documents Folder is full of from any program spammed folders. Therefore i do permanent remove the folders from the view with the view filter ([L] Show View Filter popup menu.................................Ctrl+Shift+F> Only Folders Files) Value: -/*and it will be nice when this stay after reboot - saved in tab session.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 13:22:33 by Matthias515566 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Save the Filter Status to Tab sessions
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 13:13:32 »
So ?
View Filter, the Filter box at the bottom right in each Exploer Panel, should remember its value between restarts ?
I will check if that is possible

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 15:19:51 »
So ?
View Filter, the Filter box at the bottom right in each Exploer Panel, should remember its value between restarts ?

Mathias, if you do implement this, please make it user-configurable:  I, for one, would not want persistent filters.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 19:10:32 »
So ?

Mathias, if you do implement this, please make it user-configurable:  I, for one, would not want persistent filters.

Yes Of course .This need to be a setting

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 11:09:26 »
Thanks  :D

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 15:37:20 »
Is it possible to have another filter or filter layer beside the bottom right field which is in the background, just for the layout? When i use the Bottom right field while daily work the "Only folders" Filter will be destroyed anyway.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 15:10:38 »
Is it possible to have another filter or filter layer beside the bottom right field which is in the background, just for the layout? When i use the Bottom right field while daily work the "Only folders" Filter will be destroyed anyway.

eh? some permanent 'hide this files ' ?

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 13:21:34 »
eh? some permanent 'hide this files ' ?
No. I want hide this Folders (Files only, not hide the files). My first Post is wrong. No idea how i made this failure. I use not the "Only Folders" Filter, i use and need the "Only Files (-/*)" Filter to disable the Folders. Sorry, this sounds very stupid to show only this "Spamfolders". The StarOffice 5 integrated FileExplorer have the same Feature. This was really nice times. :) Off Topic: This run under Win 10, but i have only StarOffice 7 installed since LibreOffice removed the import filter for StarOffice Files.
Files Only is really a nice feature, because the folders are anyway in the FolderTree. Maybe i will use this also for other Folders when it integrated in MC. Maybe it will be also nice to show only a special file-type in a Tab, that some temp files or logfiles always invisible.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 17:16:22 by Matthias515566 »