Author Topic: copy/move questions  (Read 7471 times)

veds

• View Profile
copy/move questions
« on: July 21, 2019, 00:19:02 »
small glitches:

1)
It isn't possible to abort a copy/move while it is preparing.
The program only stops after the preparing is done.
In normal situations preparing takes almost no time but with a large amount of files on a remote disk preparing can take minutes and in those cases it would be nice if the program would stop immediately after pressing the abort button.

2)
While it is preparing the title of the dialog is "Copying.." even if you select a move operation.

3)
When I want to copy files from different locations the program first asks whether I want to "recreate source folder structure to avoid collisions" or "merge all source files into the same target location" and then shows the copy/move dialogbox.
Would it be possible to integrate this question in the copy/move dialogbox (for example a checkbox which ask whether to keep the relative paths) ?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: copy/move questions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 14:50:33 »
1. Hm I have no issue aborting..
However sometimes it crash if a aborting, but that is fixed. but I see no hang until it is done

2. That is because it does not yet know if it is copy/ move  you can queue move operations  to a operations that is doing copy and so on.. so it can change

3.  This is only when you copying files from a FLAT view and when copying from different subfolders
So you don really see this very often, not sure that this settings belong there