Author Topic: v 9.0 (build 2532)BUG: non-closable copy dialog  (Read 17015 times)

1nd1g0

• View Profile
v 9.0 (build 2532)BUG: non-closable copy dialog
« on: August 05, 2019, 08:07:55 »
Hello there. Mathias,

Another small bug report. Just now the MC x64 v9.0 (build 2532) Portable has shown some bug:

1. Started copying a list of files and folders to neighbouring directory, not included in the list
2. Copy process asked whether i like to replace files, I chose to replace with larger ones only.
3. Copy finished OK, but dialog window still in the state of copying with Interrupt button
4. Closing the window causes warning dialog "Do you want to interrupt the copy process", ignoring the fact there no files to copy left.
5. Dialog does NOT close even with close button, stop/interrupt button or Alt+F4
6. The bug is rare and not easily reproduceable.

Applied logs to mail via standard report dialog in the application.

Thanks a lot for your hard work, hope it was useful for you. Best regards,
Simon

1nd1g0

• View Profile
Re: v 9.0 (build 2532)BUG: non-closable copy dialog
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 07:54:54 »
Animated screenshot attached.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 22:32:48 »
Did not find logs from you..

I can't recreate it. What that the filesystem log say ? if it locks up it is often because MC is waiting for a call into Windows.

1nd1g0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 10:28:28 »
Sorry for the late reply. The latest MC versions so far do not reproduce the bug yet. I'll keep track of it just for the case.
In case e-mail reporting does not work, I'll post logs here in the future.

veds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 10:35:56 »
MC v9.7 x64 build 2590

I had the same problem.
I started multiple copy processes and one of them ended with "100% completed - copying files" in the title of the dialog (in the progressbar the text "100%", "File copy/move is completed" is visible) but the buttons "Skip", "Pause" and "Abort" are still visible.  The queue is empty but when i try to close the dialog I get the message "abort file copying ?"  Clicking on "Yes" or "No" makes no difference, the dialog doesn't close.

I will try to find a way to reproduce it.