Author Topic: Please support to double click to open file with config from File Type Setup.  (Read 75741 times)

AriesTruong

• View Profile
Hi Mathias,

Currently when we add config in "File Type Setup" then user use shortcut key as "F1" or "View File" then MC will open file with config from "File Type Setup". I like it.

If MC can support more with double click then MC also open file like user hit "F1" or "View File" menu item instead open file with default setting from Windows. If user like to run from default of Windows then he can run from "Windows Shell".

Example:
In Windows Explorer if I open ".txt" file then Windows open Notepad. In MC if user set in "File Type Setup" with "Notepad++" to view file .txt then when I double click this file MC will call Notepad++ to open txt file. If user like open from default of Windows then he can right click and open from "Windows Shell".

I believe everyone like this enhancement so I hope you can consider this request and enhance to bring MC the best.

Thanks
Aries
Life changes when we change

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
I'm not sure I understand you right, but in MC you can define different applications for viewing, launching and editing. I.e. you may view (F3) *.txt with AkelPad, edit (F4) with PSPad and launch (Enter, Doubleclick) with default windows app.

Or do you mean TC-like behaviour where launch (Enter, Doubleclick) can show pop-up menu with multiple open-with entries?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
But you have 3 actions. view , edit  and open where "open" can depend more on what type of file it is.
So what do you want automatically do  view or edit.. it is different depending on file type.

But you can override the "open" behavior if you want notepad++ to open for "open" action (dbl click). Then you add an entire for that in the Run/Open tab in FileTypeSetup
then the Open action for windows will be overriden.

AriesTruong

• View Profile
It's great. I missed third tab in File Type Setup.
Thanks alot
Life changes when we change