Author Topic: MC doesn't show custom-iconed folders  (Read 12348 times)

Suncatcher

• View Profile
MC doesn't show custom-iconed folders
« on: October 04, 2019, 23:56:13 »
Here is how compared MC window with Explorer on disk D: folder stack which is sync folder of my cloud provider is not showed. It's a bug!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: MC doesn't show custom-iconed folders
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 18:03:43 »
I do not think so. It is by design.

I guess the file does not really exist on the filesystem. But a virtual file shown in WinExp that will hook into you cloud thing.
MC is not showing the filesystem from the Windows Shell level. But the core level. And shows the file system as it actually is. Without being handled but the WindowsShell Layer

Suncatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 10:55:45 »
I do not care it's virtual folder or physical, I cannot access it from MC so it's useless.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 23:41:31 »
I do not care it's virtual folder or physical, I cannot access it from MC so it's useless.
Yes it is. so use OneDrive instead or one that are doing it the correct way using the filesystem layer..
You are using a a 3rd party software, that hook it self into Windows Shell that is a higher abstract level of the filesystem.
No normal program can access it. You can only access them via the ShellView. So any program that access the filesytem of that location will not see it.
Programs need to be designed around the ShellView and almost no program are except WinExplorer and some other FM.

MC is not designed around the ShellView like WinExplorer becuse of a lot of other reason that make the ShellView very slow and bad.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 23:53:36 by Mathias (Author) »