Author Topic: Trying to get Date format like: yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS.mmm  (Read 4670 times)

HarryC

• View Profile
Trying to get Date format like: yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS.mmm
« on: January 23, 2020, 15:54:41 »
God dag!

Excellent product!  I've been looking for years for a configurable file manager to replace clumsy Windows Explorer!

One feature I wanted was to be able to list files with timestamps down to millisecond resolution.

So, I configured the explorer pane to include seconds & milliseconds, thinking this would be what I was looking for.  But a close look shows the Dates display as:

2019-12-05 21:00.131

This looks to be HH:MM.mmm without showing seconds (SS). Just wondering if this is a glitch, or I'm not configuring it correctly to show HH:MM:SS.mmm.

Tack sa mycket!

Harry Clauson

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Trying to get Date format like: yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS.mmm
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 16:12:08 »
Just include seconds and milliseconds. And make sure custom format is not checked.
If you want a custom format then you must also include the second part in the format like HH:mm:ss

HarryC

• View Profile
Re: Trying to get Date format like: yyyy-mm-dd HH:MM:SS.mmm
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 18:34:16 »
Thanks, works perfectly now!

My confusion was that I had no idea the custom formats were editable. You might want to enclose such items in a text box as a visual cue that clicking the box will give it scope for editing. Just a minor thing now that I understand.

Again, great work!