Author Topic: 2.0.0 beta bugs  (Read 17543 times)

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
2.0.0 beta bugs
« on: December 28, 2011, 11:17:31 »
Here are some bugs i've just discovered in 2.0 beta

I. Multi-Rename tool

1. Hints aren't displayed.
2. Live preview works even if unchecked.
3. "Error! - Name Conflict" string exists in resource file but displayed in english.
4. When you go from "Previous Rename Sessions" to "Renamed Files" list, the selection in "Previous Rename Sessions" is lost, so it is impossible to detect which session is selected.

II. File viewer

1. It seems that Auto Reload doesn't work. If you modify the file being viewed, it is not updated in viewer. Only when you select "Reload" and then click, the content is updated.
2. There are no translation strings for Selection popup menu (Highlight - Add, Highligth - Clear, ... etc)

---

UPD1: Module rules in Multi-Rename don't work. E.g. [N][?core.size] rule neither updates preview nor actually renames the file.

UPD2: Plug-in profile manager.
1. There is no translation string for the caption of this dialog
2. If you create new profile with the existing name (e.g. "Test"), no rename suggested. Instead a new profile is created, so there are 2 "Test" profiles. And when you save it, previous profile settings are overwritten. So when you open the manager again, there is only one "Test" profile with last settings and the first one is lost.

UPD3. File Types manger
1. [Reset] action causes MC crash.
2. It is impossible (i can't find out how) to save new profile
  a. [Save] does nothing
  b. [Add] suggests to save currently editing profile but doesn't save. You can press it endlessly without success.
3. Some (all?) original english translation files are ANSI although they have encoding="UTF-8" xml parameter, so e.g. in Picture rotating dialog Unicode degree symbol "°" looks like two symbols "Вє"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:31:46 by Jungle »

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: 2.0.0 beta bugs
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 14:50:00 »
At first - Happy New Year! :)
---

File type manager.
1. It saves profiles, but not permanently (until restart) as it seems. And it is possible to have multiple profiles with the same names.
2. If you select internal program as source, press OK, then select External program, intrernal module name will appear in the edit box (see pic1)
3. Is file age shown correctly. Some minutes ago (18:11) i've created a file. Now is 18:25 and MC shows file age as 6 Hours (see pic 2)
---

Translation issues
1. File Types manager: as i see - buttons [Add], [Remove], [Reset] have no translation strings
2. Core Settings: Tab Mouse Configuration node with sub-nodes have no translation strings
3. Rotate pictures dialog has no translation string for Options group caption
4. Convert pictures dialog has no translation string for JPEG Quality text

---

1. Adjust EXIF Date: what's the purpose of Previewing %d of %d files? As i see, it always shows n of n flles in the list.
2. What is Smart rename (Tools->Reanme->Similar name, different extension)? How to use it the right way?
3. There is translation file for the PictureViewer, but where is Picture Viewer itself?

---

P.S. Sorry for delayed translation. There are some reasons.
1. To be honest: i'm quite lazy ;)
2. No enough time
3. I don't want to quickly translate it via dictionary, i try to test the functions and understand specific terms.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 15:25:34 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 12:01:12 »
I. Multi-Rename tool

1. Hints aren't displayed.
2. Live preview works even if unchecked.
3. "Error! - Name Conflict" string exists in resource file but displayed in english.
4. When you go from "Previous Rename Sessions" to "Renamed Files" list, the selection in "Previous Rename Sessions" is lost, so it is impossible to detect which session is selected.

1. Hints ??
2. I will have a look at this
3. Will fix
4. Will check if it is possible.

II. File viewer

1. It seems that Auto Reload doesn't work. If you modify the file being viewed, it is not updated in viewer. Only when you select "Reload" and then click, the content is updated.
2. There are no translation strings for Selection popup menu (Highlight - Add, Highligth - Clear, ... etc)

1. Yes auto reload has a bug. You just need to force the first refresh you self.
2. Yes. They are at the moment not translatable. because of some code design issues.. Will be fixed in the future.. someday. But it is not a normal quick fix like other language issues so might be a while.

UPD1: Module rules in Multi-Rename don't work. E.g. [N][?core.size] rule neither updates preview nor actually renames the file.
Strange. That worked before, I Will investigate it, I most have broken something.

UPD2: Plug-in profile manager.
1. There is no translation string for the caption of this dialog
2. If you create new profile with the existing name (e.g. "Test"), no rename suggested. Instead a new profile is created, so there are 2 "Test" profiles. And when you save it, previous profile settings are overwritten. So when you open the manager again, there is only one "Test" profile with last settings and the first one is lost.
1. ??  Title in the Save plugin dialog ??
2.  Will check

UPD3. File Types manger
1. [Reset] action causes MC crash.
2. It is impossible (i can't find out how) to save new profile
  a. [Save] does nothing
  b. [Add] suggests to save currently editing profile but doesn't save. You can press it endlessly without success.
3. Some (all?) original english translation files are ANSI although they have encoding="UTF-8" xml parameter, so e.g. in Picture rotating dialog Unicode degree symbol "°" looks like two symbols "Вє"
1. Not able to crash it. But will check the code what can cause it to happen.
2. (a/b) Im able to save without any problem.
3. the "°" sign is stored as the correct UTF8 character in the language file. So it should be converted correct. Looks good here and in other languages I have here..

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 12:11:22 »
File type manager.
1. It saves profiles, but not permanently (until restart) as it seems. And it is possible to have multiple profiles with the same names.
2. If you select internal program as source, press OK, then select External program, intrernal module name will appear in the edit box (see pic1)
3. Is file age shown correctly. Some minutes ago (18:11) i've created a file. Now is 18:25 and MC shows file age as 6 Hours (see pic 2)

1. Not able to reproduce it. Are you running normal or portable mode ? (transfer to usb)
2. I check if I can fix that..
3. That worked before.  Will investigate what can have changed.
---

Translation issues
1. File Types manager: as i see - buttons [Add], [Remove], [Reset] have no translation strings
2. Core Settings: Tab Mouse Configuration node with sub-nodes have no translation strings
3. Rotate pictures dialog has no translation string for Options group caption
4. Convert pictures dialog has no translation string for JPEG Quality text

1/2/3/4 Will be fixed

1. Adjust EXIF Date: what's the purpose of Previewing %d of %d files? As i see, it always shows n of n flles in the list.
2. What is Smart rename (Tools->Reanme->Similar name, different extension)? How to use it the right way?
3. There is translation file for the PictureViewer, but where is Picture Viewer itself?

1. Try selecting more then 100 pictures.  The previewing is only showing a preview of the first 100 files. so if 200 are selected it will say Previewing 100 of 200 files
2. If you got MyFile.h, MyFile.Cpp, MyFile.inl MyFile.txt and rename any of them to "NewFile" then all the files matching "MyFile.*" will get the new filename
 and you will have NewFile.h NewFile.cpp NewFile.inl NewFile.txt  (Special case rename feature that most people will not use)
3. Press Menu->View file or (F3?) on a .jpg file.  (Unless you change the default viewer for *.jpg in the FileType Setup )

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 13:20:26 »
Translation issues

The button is using the MultiLanguage text strings..

Add = g - 21
Remove =  g - 36
Reset = g - 17

(Build 966)

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 17:20:12 »
1. Hints in MultiRename tool manager: i mean popup windows with descriptions. They are not displayed. Btw, there is no translation string for Multi Rename for global menu.

2. There is no translation string for the caption of Plug-in profile manager. See pic1.

3. Read/Write strategy for copy operations.
  a. Pressing [Reset] in expert mode settings shows empty dialog (even with original language). See pic2.
  b. What does Power word mean: 'power saving' or 'advanced mode'

4. Three buttons in Columns customization have no text. See pic3.

5. Column sets setup. Copying from [Default] profile shows dialog with 'Default' word although there is translated text in the list. See pic4.

6. It seems that Correct folder date/time works wrong on folders in the root. See pic5

P.S. I use portable mode (on fixed drive)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 17:25:45 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 18:37:46 »
1. Tooltip ? that are shown when hovering ??  There is not nay tooltip for the MultiRename.

2. File operations plugins needs a lot of internal work so a lot of the stuff for that is not touched until the rewrite has happen..

3. Strange.. Will check

4. Don't understand how does can be shown empty for you..  there are hardcoded characters for 'X' , ^ and V ,  (Del, up and down)

5. Might not be possible to change.. will check

6. Not able to recreate that. Looks like a cache problem. try force a refresh (F2 / F5 depending on keyboard setup)
(Ctrl+L to view log windows, and second tab the File Operation log, You will see that date/time is set actually set, However the time might be UTC and not local if the filesystem is ntfs)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 18:45:30 by Mathias (Author) »

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 20:16:13 »
1. Tooltip ? that are shown when hovering ??  There is not nay tooltip for the MultiRename.
No tooltips? And what are the strings in the lang file? (see pic1)

4. Don't understand how does can be shown empty for you..  there are hardcoded characters for 'X' , ^ and V ,  (Del, up and down)
I've just downloaded v1.2.1, installed it, chose English adn Commander Look'n'Feel. The same thing - buttons are empty.

6. Not able to recreate that. Looks like a cache problem. try force a refresh (F2 / F5 depending on keyboard setup)
(Ctrl+L to view log windows, and second tab the File Operation log, You will see that date/time is set actually set, However the time might be UTC and not local if the filesystem is ntfs)
See pic2 for c:\temp and pic3 for c:\temp\2. Yes, there's a 4 hours difference in time, but not several months.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 20:18:14 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 21:11:10 »
I will send you a email. starting to spam the forum to much..