Author Topic: Scrolling when using the "rectangle selection" method...  (Read 5436 times)

MrPapaya

• View Profile
I was wondering if MultiCommander "rectangle selection" can be configured to work more like the Windows 10 file explorer?

In particular...

In Window file explorer, if I "rectangle select" some files, then move the mouse arrow to the bottom of the window, it will automatically start scrolling, allowing me to select more files that weren't originally able to fit on the screen.

Trying the same thing (for me, at least) in MultiCommander only lets me 'lasso' files that are shown in the panel. Moving the arrow below the bottom filename does nothing.

Is this behavior possible? If so, what in the settings do I need to change?

Also, I don't understand why people pay for other file managers, when MultiCommander is basically the same, or better,  than the others?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Scrolling when using the "rectangle selection" method...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 09:42:21 »
The range select do not activate passive scrolling.  There was some issue with it if I recall, But it was long ago. I can make a note about it and investigate if that can be added now. Lots of things have changed since then

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 13:45:55 »
In my MC-Configuration i press just the right mouse button and all files where i the mouse arrow drawing will be seletcted and this feature will also cause a auto scroll. I have seen that the rectangle (which i never tested before) is very slow.

MrPapaya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 23:20:44 »
Thank you for the replies.  Its one of those features that I got used to using for many years. Due to that 'training', I keep trying to do it in MC even though I know it's not there.