Author Topic: View Split size  (Read 4343 times)

sospel

• View Profile
View Split size
« on: October 06, 2020, 10:15:51 »

hello :)

I have another question that I can’t find the answer to by looking in the "configuration" or "Core settings" menus . It’s:

how to impose on startup the following presentation : a list of files window and, on its side, the corresponding tree structure?

Currently, I do each boot in the "menu" bar:  [ view --> split size --> 0/100  ]

Thank you in advance for your answers  !
cordially
SosPel

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: View Split size
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 10:58:36 »
If you press the treeview button (next to the \ button on the free space row) it will be shown and you can specify in Explorer Panel Settings that the treeview should be shown by default for new tabs.

BUT showing only 1 panel in 0/100 mode is not support because MC is a dual panel File manager at its core design. Everything in MC is designed around that you have one source and and target panel.
By hiding one of the panels you are at risk at modifying things that are in the panel that are out of view without knowing it.
You can force it using startup script that change that it startup but that is at your own risk. Then you are using the program in a way it is not designed for.