Author Topic: Tab path changing all the time?  (Read 6185 times)

dkabi

• View Profile
Tab path changing all the time?
« on: October 13, 2020, 14:52:55 »
Hi,

I am new user and would like to be able to following:

I have created a 2 tabs the first one with path c:\temp\important\sales - named it sales with forced name the second one with path c:\temp\important\privat - named it privat with forced name.
Now I go to my first tab "Sales" and click on 1 subfolder called marketing 2020 and then again click on subfolder called september. I find my correct file open it and it looks great.

Now I go to second tab "Privat" and want to go back to my tab "Sales" so I do this but instead of standing on my first path C:\temp\important\sales I now get shown C:\temp\important\sales\marketing 2020\september.
How do I make sure it remembers the first path and not only the last one. I want to save the tab with a specific path so I just can click on them as I want to right paths that I have saved.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Tab path changing all the time?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 15:44:25 »
Hi @dkabi.

Set up your 2 tabs to point to the correct paths, then right-click on each in turn and make sure "Lock Tab - allow subpath change" is ticked.

Does that work?

dkabi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 16:11:58 »
Hi @AllanJB

This does not work, sorry :-(

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 17:35:37 »
After a restart of MC, is the  "Lock Tab - allow subpath change" still ticked?

Do you have the setting  Menu -> Configuration -> Menu -> Explorer Panel Settings -> Menu -> Display -> Remember open path ticked?

dkabi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 19:50:14 »
Hi AlanJB,

I do not have the option Rememember open path anywhere.
I attach picture of what my options are in the secition display in the Explorer Panel Settings.

I can't find Remember open path?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 08:36:46 »
If you do not want a tab to change path then you lock it and new tabs will be opened when you navigate out another folder.

The option  "Lock Tab - allow subpath change"  still allows you to navigate DOWN into subpath from the locked tab.

If you always want to open a set of tabs at specific location at startup. Then you can use TabSession and define what tabs should show what and set it to autoload

dkabi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 13:55:36 »
Thanks!  :) ;) :D