Author Topic: Release v10.0 (Build 2740) - Dark Mode - No XP Support, Store Edition  (Read 14483 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Release v10 (Build 2740) is finally released.

This release have lots of fixes and lots of UI changes. (100+)
To be able to support dark mode some standard UI controllers/Element needed to be release with own custom controllers. (Toolbar, Combobox, CheckBox and more)

Dark Mode / Dark Theme
The big new feature is support for Dark Mode/Dark Theme in most places on Windows 10.
However MultiCommander has over 100 dialogs windows and each of them need to be updated manually to support dark mode and this is too much work.
So the Main UI supports dark mode and most common dialogs.. More dialogs windows will get dark theme in the future.

To be able to enabled dark theme you must run Windows 10 1904+ and you also need to enable dark theme in Windows 10 color settings
Then you enable the in Menu > Configuration > Dark color theme setup...

XP Support
From version 10 of MultiCommander, Windows XP is no longer support. This version will not work on Windows XP.
There are still some users that are using MultiCommander on XP.. But there will be a new edition of named MultiCommander XP that will work on Windows XP.
This version will only get some of the bug files and minor changes that the standard version gets. It will not get any new major features.
There is a version 9.8 out that is the MultiCommander XP edition. If you update MultiCommander 9.7 on XP you should get this version automatically
You can also download the XP Edition here http://multicommander.com/downloads/XP

Store Edition
Store edition of MultiCommander is finally updated. It had some things that needed to be change to be able to publish MultiCommander again on the Windows Store and I finally fixed them. So now MultiCommander SE (Store Edition) should available soon at the Microsoft Store on Windows 10.
However there are some minor restriction in Desktop apps in the store.
Store apps that read/write to some system folder of the OS, Windows will virtualize that. The Changes will only be seen for that app.
So do not use the Store Edition if you plan to Edit/Copy/Delete/Rename files inside the Windows folder
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 10:15:43 by Mathias (Author) »

whoknows

• View Profile
Re: Release v10.0 (Build 2740) - Dark Mode - No XP Support, Store Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 02:56:27 »
Once Multi Commander, always Multi Commander. Nothing’s gonna change my love for Multi Commander. Thank you very much for developing such a nice software.

MrPapaya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 17:57:39 »
Awesome. Always excited to see an update to my favorite tool.

I am trying dark mode.  Since I usually have the grid lines on, the bright white on grey seems more distracting than useful in Dark mode.  Is there a way to make them more subtle?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 20:34:26 »
Awesome. Always excited to see an update to my favorite tool.

I am trying dark mode.  Since I usually have the grid lines on, the bright white on grey seems more distracting than useful in Dark mode.  Is there a way to make them more subtle?

I might have forgot about the default color for the gridlines for darkmode..
You can configure the color in Settings > Explorer Panel Settings > Color (Tab)

There is a settings for GridLine color,

MrPapaya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 01:07:13 »
Excellent! I found dark purple is easily visible without overwhelming the white filename text.