Author Topic: Save configuration  (Read 4829 times)

Reblok

• View Profile
Save configuration
« on: November 29, 2020, 19:40:08 »
Brand new user, moving from Altap Salamander and go back to the original Norton Commander.

It's a simple question but I just couldn't find it in the menus (nor searching "save configuration" here) .

I've set it up with all the defaults I want when it starts up. Shortcuts, paths, custom command, etc. How do I save it so that MultiCommander always opens with it? No I don't want it to save whatever I had last time I closed it.

MrPapaya

• View Profile
Re: Save configuration
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 20:51:35 »
Most settings such as favorites, custom commands, etc are automatically saved when you set them.

If you want specific tabs & paths to be opened each time you start, try this...

Set up your window(s) with the tabs & paths you want when starting up.
Under the FILE menu, select TAB SESSIONS - SAVE AS and choose a name like "my default startup tabs"
Now, again under FILE menu, choose MANAGE..
Choose "my default startup tabs" if it isn't already chosen.
CHECKMARK on [Autoload this tab session at startup], and click on [Save Changes]
It should now be autoloading those tabs every startup.  Plus, you can set up other tab configurations depending on what you are working on & switch at will.
It's awesome & so much power in a program only supported by donations.

A suggestion is to use "HELP MENU - BACKUP/RESTORE to often save your current configuration.  This saves all setting to a ZIP file.  That way you can experiment with settings without fear of totally borking everything.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 02:39:03 by MrPapaya »

Reblok

• View Profile
Re: Save configuration
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 16:00:50 »
Thanks MrPapaya. That worked.