Author Topic: Why Multi Commander and Windows 10 is more user friendly than Linux  (Read 3823 times)

ktjrfj8567ghbwredgthtr

• View Profile
Hello,

I would like to share my practical experience and show why Linux is outdated and is not freedom unlike Windows 10.

I currently use a current Linux (Ubuntu 20.10, Fedora 33, Manjaro 20.2.1) and other popular Linux distributions for users.

The fact is Linux could never keep the creation time for files and folders and it does not show creation time.

Windows itself has no problems with it and can do it for more than 20 years. Linux never could, it has no full support for creation time. The Linux filesystems, like ext4 or Btrfs store creation time, but Linux itself cannot keep creation time when copying files and folders. Why? It is a Linux problem.

I can use Windows 10 and an open source Btrfs driver (WinBtrfs) and access Linux file systems and keep the creation time of my files and folders with Multi Commander. https://github.com/maharmstone/btrfs

With Linux itself this is not possible and this is the general proof why Windows is more user friendly and has more freedom than Linux. Linux only advantage is that it runs on many hardware, but simple task that Windows supports for more than 20 years, like keeping creation time for files and folders it can't do at all.

This is also the reason why, for example, Android devices only support modified time. Linux is nothing more than a limited system and uses a lot of outdated concepts. it is not freedom.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 15:47:58 by ktjrfj8567ghbwredgthtr »